Crew tackle fire at own station

Evastar

Inactive User
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
4,992
Reaction score
51
Location
que sera sera
Firefighters on the isle of Mull have tackled a blaze at their own station.

The fire broke out in the roofspace of Tobermory Community Fire Station at about 1830 BST and was put out by the station's retained firefighters.

Crew members moved the pumps out of the appliance bay and used them to tackle the fire which appears to have been started by an electrical fault.

Paul Connelly, of Strathclyde Fire & Rescue, said: "This is a warning to all of us that fire can start anywhere."

Part of a lecture room used for training was damaged in the blaze.

Crews also had to cut out some smouldering timbers from the roof area.

Mr Connelly, area commander for Argyll and Bute, offered his congratulations to the Tobermory crew for the "speedy and efficient way" in which they put out the fire.

Strathclyde Fire and Rescue Service said cover for the area was maintained by moving the main engine from the neighbouring Craignure Volunteer fire station to Tobermory.

BBC News - Crew tackle fire at own station
 

snp-g

VIP Member
VIP Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
2,516
Reaction score
577
An electrical fault.??
It was the balamory toastie working overtime. :)
 

stevie1ball

Inactive User
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
8
Location
Soaring above the clouds
Well I hope the smoke alarms were working, just goes to show your not safe from fire even in the fire station.
 
TEST
Top