Credit Crunch

logic_187

Inactive User
Reaction score
How many of you are affected by the current climate....shit fuel prices, shit food prices, shit taxes, shit government....ooopss how did that slip out ;-)

The biggest thing affecting me is the petrol (as i travel a fair distance to work) and the rise in council tax....although i dont know how the council can justify it since my services have gone down!!!! infact i have to pay for some which i didnt have to previously.

so inveitably i've had to cut back on somethings namely any boozing activities and eating out.

Fuel - yes, who isn't?! :(

Food - I've notced a slight increase, nothing major though.

Taxes - Grrrr, I'll end up being banned if I start on these.

Goverment - New Labour = Old Tories.

I'm voting National Front so that we can get the death penalty re-introduced ;)

funny thing is.... to me i percieve the government as not giving a toss just as long as they are all happily and our taxes pay for their well being.

I'm certain that they can relieve some of these by reducing the tax for a short period until the market stabilises.....but will they? will the F***K...in fact they want tax hikes in certain areas.... however i feel for the people who are financially worse than me.

yes Ive felt it quite a bit :(
with a famiy of 5 running a bigger car,wife was only moaning the other day that food bill is getting higher and sh is buying less :(
tax and goverment well same as everyone else lol

but we have deffo had to knuckle down and tighten our belts a bit without a doubt

What I find most depressing about the points raised is that once the prices increase they never seem to come back down again.

well sometimes it makes me feel why shouldnt i go on the dole ....... they take enough of my money through income tax as it is.....although the ydole is not for me if i can help it....but you catch my drift.

Fuel - yes, who isn't?! :(

Food - I've notced a slight increase, nothing major though.

Taxes - Grrrr, I'll end up being banned if I start on these.

Goverment - New Labour = Old Tories.

food has gone way up especially wheat based produce, warb'ys toastie bread is know £1.15 WTF

I've been trying to sell my empty home for over a year now, got 2 mortgages whilst am trying to sell. Credit crunch has hit me that way, though not feeling it any other way.

I felt the higher costs about a year back and things have been getting worse. Hopefully small UK companies can adapt to the big changes ahead but this will be difficult as cutting costs means getting rid of jobs and outsourcing to cheaper parts of the world which in turn makes it harder to run your business.

We haven't seen significant growth since 2006ish and we had our first down month in Feb of this year.

The government can help small businesses through taxation but they have decided to do nothing, in fact taxes are going up.

People keep saying that the recession will not be that bad but I think that is a load of rubbish. The only thing keeping us in OK shape is the fact that GB wants to try and win the next election. After the next general election I think things will get really really shitty.

I started a new job 10/3/08 petrol was £1.03p per litre
I have filled up today @ £1.23p per litre

I live in quite a well off part of Kent (before we lowered the tone moved here from South London lmao) .. it's been Tory here for ever, you would be surprised how many so called middle class tory people I hear say they are voting BNP next time

I love that bullshite name "credit crunch" ITS A FU**G RECESSION so call it that !! typical government spin as usual, this was bound to happen with the false interest rates that our gov has backed for so long.

Our food bill has increased by around £20.00 a week with 5 kids and 2 dogs 1 cat and a headache.

We are tottally foooked now and living day by day just to pay the bills ! well done labour.

No matter who you vote for, it won't make any difference. The recession is worldwide. There are food and fuel protests and riots happening everywhere from Europe to Asia at the moment.

No matter who you vote for, it won't make any difference. The recession is worldwide. There are food and fuel protests and riots happening everywhere from Europe to Asia at the moment.

Very true I agree with you there' That does not excuse bad government decisions made by people like our lovly (not voted in) priminister..

he was voted in m8 . unlike the american elections we vote for a party not a person . so we voted labour ( well you lot did) and they pick a leader . we didnt vote for tony blair to be pm either .

Ah so we new that gorden brown was to priminister then did we ?? i think not when we voted it was blair not gorden (the goldfish mouth Brown) that people voted for as the leader of the labour party.

I think there should have to be another genrall election called when this situation arrises to give the people the last say who they want in.

he was voted in m8 . unlike the american elections we vote for a party not a person . so we voted labour ( well you lot did) and they pick a leader . we didnt vote for tony blair to be pm either .

Hope you don't mind me askin but why have ya got "Soar Alba" in your sig if you are Irish ?...

Just nosy lol

Ah so we new that gorden brown was to priminister then did we ?? i think not when we voted it was blair not gorden (the goldfish mouth Brown) that people voted for as the leader of the labour party.

I think there should have to be another genrall election called when this situation arrises to give the people the last say who they want in.

again m8 we didnt vote for blair to be the leader of the labour party . thier members did . same as they voted in brown . and btw anyone with any intrest in politics would have told you that brown was going to be the next pm . everyone including the next door cat knew that blair wasnt going to do the full term and brown was to take over

Back