Credit Card Theft

Paul-K

Inactive User
Reaction score
I got a call from Barclays asking if my wife had used her card (my account) in the last 50 minutes online when i said no he wanted me to answer some questions,I told him i would phone Barclays myself as i dont know who im talking to he said fine but hurry up,turns out someone has my wifes details and tried to spend £400 on some gambling site so they have closed that account and will have new cards sent out within 7 days Well done Barclays for picking up on this so quick........

Restecp to Barclays and also to you, sounded like a scam at first so you where wise to ring them back.

You give your wife a credit card?? : shocked2

Only kiddin' It's good they got hold of you, just shows how easily you can have your details ripped off without even knowing!

my card got nicked once, i didnt report it, they was spending less than me lol

you did wise to ring them back though m8 as it could have been a scam, but good on the bank for noticing and contacting you as well though

Prob phishing for details if they want to talk to you I guess.

Thank goodness they picked it up - could have been all sorts of bother!

My wife was more upset than anyone she thought it was her fault also the guy on the phone was a bit stunned at my attitude when i asked him to prove who he was lol all he done was quote the data protection act thats when i said i'll phone the number on the back of my bill, but well done Barclays for looking out for me.

Not trying to put the blow on barclays or owt, (well done by the way) but any bank should of picked this up.....it's something like....unusal spending of large amounts on certain types of sites or shops. If ur wife was gambling on line regular, then they properly would of let it go through and not even of phoned u.......

When i went to mexico last year, i phoned the bank first to let them know that i was going and that my card may be used there during this certain period, they said it was a good job that i had phoned them as they would properly have declined any payments they had tried to of gone through, so they took the 'barring' of my card for that period, as it's put on there for use abroad because of fraud purposes.

I've never told my credit card company I'm going abroad and I've used it Germany, Spain and Czech Republic without it ever being stopped.

I don't know whether i should be annoyed that it worked or relieved that they weren't gung ho about it.

Back