Creative P5800 Speakers

hnj

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi i have Creative P5800 which use to work fine, until recently when i disconnected it and took it long distance to use at a friends place, however when i reached their it just was not working tried soooo many things can't get any sound from it, when connected light appears on the volume control but no sound is played?

I have realised that one of the pins on the volume control wire that connects to the subwoofer is bent backwards could this be the reason, tried so much to straighten it with like paper clip, pin etc cant get it straight up.

any ideas? i don't mind opening it up etc anything to try to fix it, saves me buying a new one and i can learn something :)

hnj

its because of that its not working right? multimeter for what? sorry im not so technical on this side of it. So do i just need to replace the old with this one, easy to take old off and put this 9 pin in? cut the wire or something right

thanks
hnj

Sorry, I thought I'd replied to this :confused:
its because of that its not working right?
I'm assuming that the bending of the pin has caused the connection within the mini-DIN jack to snap.
multimeter for what?
Hopefully the wires inside the insulated cable are coloured. Then then multimeter would allow you to mark up each wire with the correct pin on the jack.
sorry im not so technical on this side of it. So do i just need to replace the old with this one, easy to take old off and put this 9 pin in? cut the wire or something right

thanks
hnj
It's not a guarantee, but it's what I'd do.

Back