CREATING HARDLINK TO TIMESHIFT FILE FAILED

mialy

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me how to get rid of this message every time I switch to a channel I get this message

the file system on your timeshift - device does not support hardlinks .make sure it is formatted in
ext2- ext3-ext4 ( erno1 ) operation not permitted .
I go to hard disk set up select convert ext3 file system to ext4 click on it get do you really want to convert the file system ? go back!
you seem to be in timeshift the service will briefly stop as timeshift stops .
do you want to continue select yes I select yes and get error converting ext3 toext4 error .unmounts cant unmounts / media/ hdd device or busy sorry so long winded any one help how to get rid of this or cure the problem thanks mialy

One of the 1st hits on google gave this. The OP was having the same error.

"hi all
this worked for me.

i am using a 16gb usb stick

1.formatt usb to NTFS...put usb stick into pc/laptop whatever u wana call it and right click.when list pops up click on format.select NTFS and format....(yes this will delete everything)
2.put usb in front of box.Press menu then setup.go down to system and press ok.Next select storage devices and select initialisation.your usb will be highlighted and press ok.Initalise (red button)
3.create swap file.press menu>Info panel>Plugins>swap manager.press green to create>select 256 mb>wait until its finished then press activate (red button)then press yellow to autostart.Exit back 2 the start and restart your box.
4.Press menu>info panel>plugins>mount manager>press green and change to:/media/hdd.Press green to save.Then exit back to the start.
5.press menu>setup>recordings&Timeshift>timeshift settings>timeshift location should read /media/hdd/timeshift/.then exit back to the start.
6.press menu>setup>crossEPG>configure and select your storage device.Then press exit once(1).scroll down to Download now and press ok.

hope this helps"

Credit to the OP below.

davey629, Oct 20, 2016

One of the 1st hits on google gave this. The OP was having the same error.

"hi all
this worked for me.

i am using a 16gb usb stick

1.formatt usb to NTFS...put usb stick into pc/laptop whatever u wana call it and right click.when list pops up click on format.select NTFS and format....(yes this will delete everything)
2.put usb in front of box.Press menu then setup.go down to system and press ok.Next select storage devices and select initialisation.your usb will be highlighted and press ok.Initalise (red button)
3.create swap file.press menu>Info panel>Plugins>swap manager.press green to create>select 256 mb>wait until its finished then press activate (red button)then press yellow to autostart.Exit back 2 the start and restart your box.
4.Press menu>info panel>plugins>mount manager>press green and change to:/media/hdd.Press green to save.Then exit back to the start.
5.press menu>setup>recordings&Timeshift>timeshift settings>timeshift location should read /media/hdd/timeshift/.then exit back to the start.
6.press menu>setup>crossEPG>configure and select your storage device.Then press exit once(1).scroll down to Download now and press ok.

hope this helps"

Credit to the OP below.

davey629, Oct 20, 2016

Back