Creating DVD disc problem

stevedw

DW Member ++
Reaction score
I created a DVD using DVDStyler and put 4 video's on it. When I play the disc in my dvd recorder, 3 out of the 4 video's have no sound at all, the picture freezes and is jerky and there are subtitles on each video.

The 4 VOB files I used for the videos play fine on my computer with excellent sound and smooth picture. Ive tried the dvd also on my computer and it plays fine so it seems there is a compatibilty problem with the dvd recorder. The format i used is PAL 720x576, is it an incorrect format or is something else wrong?

Morning Steve, I was up seeing to the little one and couldnt help but have a test of the app your using the format you set it to for PAL is standard mate so you should be ok with that only other thing ive noticed with a quick mess with it is the Audio was set to MP2 in the setings interface menu you could try set it to AC3, what did you use to make the VOB files mate ?

I'll have a mess with it more later on and see how it goes i would be interested to know what you used and how you made the VOB files to see if i get the same problem that way i might be able to find a way to fix your error mate, I gota get some sleep now have fun take care.

Morning Steve, I was up seeing to the little one and couldnt help but have a test of the app your using the format you set it to for PAL is standard mate so you should be ok with that only other thing ive noticed with a quick mess with it is the Audio was set to MP2 in the setings interface menu you could try set it to AC3, what did you use to make the VOB files mate ?

I'll have a mess with it more later on and see how it goes i would be interested to know what you used and how you made the VOB files to see if i get the same problem that way i might be able to find a way to fix your error mate, I gota get some sleep now have fun take care.

The VOB files were made using DVD Shrink from a DVD which I ripped.

I'm giving it a go right now im using my retail dvd of weird science to test mate i'm only ripping the main movie of the dvd to my harddrive then im going to use the vob files in the app your having trouble with "DVDStyler" when its done and burned ill let you know mate.

Ok update, Im having a lot of trouble with the DVDStyler app first it said all these .dll files where missing so i added them; freetype6.dll, iconv.dll, libpng13.dll and no matter what i do or try its just constant error reports in red i did manage to get it to start doing some demultiplexing but agian more errors coming up in the log window.

It seems to be that it dont like the VOB files so i converted them to MPEG2 Format Mpg files and then tried the app agian and it worked perfect and plays in sync with working menus.

Last edited:
I'm giving it a go right now im using my retail dvd of weird science to test mate i'm only ripping the main movie of the dvd to my harddrive then im going to use the vob files in the app your having trouble with "DVDStyler" when its done and burned ill let you know mate.

Ok update, Im having a lot of trouble with the DVDStyler app first it said all these .dll files where missing so i added them; freetype6.dll, iconv.dll, libpng13.dll and no matter what i do or try its just constant error reports in red i did manage to get it to start doing some demultiplexing but agian more errors coming up in the log window.

It seems to be that it dont like the VOB files so i converted them to MPEG2 Format Mpg files and then tried the app agian and it worked perfect and plays in sync with working menus.

Thanks for testing, if i convert the VOB's to MPEG2 format mpg files id lose some video quality right? So is there a way i could manually copy the VOB's to dvd. I have the IFO files for the 4 video's but they are all the same name VIDEO_TS.IFO and VTS_01_0.IFO
So how would the dvd player know which video to play first.

Back