Creating 4.2E Themes

pks00

Inactive User
Reaction score
I got interested in themes since foxybabe requested one. Till then I had actually not heard of it. Having recently upgrading to 4.2 and reading that 4.0/4.1 themes may or may not work, I didn't fancy taking the risk of bricking even though I got the nand backup. I looked into converting 4.1 to 4.2 but didn't find much on that either. However I found out about two tools that may help so I gave it a go.

Here is what I did.

You need MyMenu
You need MyMenuify
You need ThemeMii
You need themes of course. I am assuming those using 4.1 themes in the UK would already have PAL themes so stick with them. I am not sure if other region themes would work though I read somewhere that themes are region free.

Anyways on the SD card I placed my themes (.csm files) in a folder called Themes though you can put them anywhere you want.

How I created my csm - I first got my base app. The file you want is 0000008a.app for Europe 4.2.

I took a 4.1 CSM file and ran ThemeMii. On ThemeMii I clicked on Tools/Convert CSM to Mym. I selected BlackPirate.csm (4.1) and my base app and clicked on convert. This then produced a Mym file.

I then ran MyMenu, on source app was my base app and mym file was the newly created one. It ran then prompts you for a filename to save. This then created a new CSM file. I took this, placed on sd card and ran MyMenuify via HBC. And it worked!!!

I am going to try a few more themes. Main theme I wanted was the Storm one which I will try next but did BlackPirate first so maybe foxybabe or someone else could try and confirm what I did works for them also.

I have a feeling thought that this procedure may not work on some themes, time will tell.

Anyways you lot can try this of course but ensure your Wii is brick proof and you have a nand backup. Also do at your own risk. Please do not blame me if anything messes up as I am only reporting on what I did to try get it to work.

I have attached the csm file with the base app here. I have a manually upgraded 4.2 PAL Wii modded with Twilight hack. Password to rar file is kingston.

Good luck people!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back