Crap Tuner

stew2709

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys

Anyone know how I can fix my box, it will only work with a signal booster. i have tried different boxes on the same cable feed and they are fine.

without the signal booster it will not even register the time from the network. i think something must be broke on the tuner. any ideas?

Sounds like you have a weak tuner mate, other than swapping for a new one or a stronger one i think the signal booster is your best bet, any reason you dont want to use a booster?

changing a tuner on a dbox looks a bit of a ball ache also, not for the faint hearted.

i got a box that only picks up few channels but wont display them, it gets some stupd readings so im guessin tuner is gone, has anyone got a spare one or does anyone know who can fit them on for me as well. cheers

i got a box that only picks up few channels but wont display them, it gets some stupd readings so im guessin tuner is gone, has anyone got a spare one or does anyone know who can fit them on for me as well. cheers
The bfg94 chip in the tuner might be the problem which can be replaced but check the bootlog to make sure its not another hardware fault first

Its a nokia and was working fine when I bought it. I have to keep wiggling the cable in connection until it gets a proper connection. Also only works with andromeda image strangely enough.

Its a nokia and was working fine when I bought it. I have to keep wiggling the cable in connection until it gets a proper connection. Also only works with andromeda image strangely enough.

Get your pliers out and make your connection as tight as you can, also make sure the gripper cage is not loose.

PAPHOSAL, this worked an absolute dream mate!!
box has been playin up for ages and ur tlc has given it a new leas of life
no significant change in ber etc but al chans are going great:)

Back