Cracked hinge

Windy21

Member +
Reaction score
Kids DS lite has got a cracked hinge, googled and saw that this seemed to be a common problem.

Has anyone else had it and do Nintendo fix this fault free of charge!

Cheers

they will if its still under warranty and if they think it wasn't broken with neglect

Kids DS lite has got a cracked hinge, googled and saw that this seemed to be a common problem.

Has anyone else had it and do Nintendo fix this fault free of charge!

Cheers

they will if its still under warranty and if they think it wasn't broken with neglect

Hi
Not exactly true
Obviously it was dropped so thats neglect
There has always been a hinge prob with both types of ds
But the lite is much less durable ive found
As a result of shrinking the tollerances of parts is minimal
Therefore alining parts can be a prob
As for windy
Nothing is ever free
Last check the cost was £25 and a long phone call to ninten...
But they were gonna send a new not recon for that
Claiming that was p+p

Dont be daft, google is full of stories about cracked hinges on the DS Lite. Ninetendo have been critisized for this loads.

Dont be daft, google is full of stories about cracked hinges on the DS Lite. Ninetendo have been critisized for this loads.

Me again :banana:
Sorry to critisize but
1 what would you expect ITS A KIDS TOY!!!!
they will drop it and it aint metal with aerospace cuisioning inside
2 yes they have been in the firing line for this
But i wonder why Bad design or cutting corners
As all companies do that?
Heres a project for someone
The original ds is more durable well i think so anyway
So a lite workings in a original case
Now that would have room for more cuisioning
Therefore more shock proof
Then encase this in a silicon case(which i aint seen for the original note!)
That would make it more kid friendly dont you think

lol, what an introverted opinion you have.

The problem isnt the way it has been handled at all, its down to the materials used. Its not even down to the design - otherwise they would all do it.

At the end of the day, the advice is contact Nintendo. They will replace it if its a cracked hinge not brought about by rough handling.

End of.

As for windy
Nothing is ever free
Last check the cost was £25 and a long phone call to ninten...
But they were gonna send a new not recon for that
Claiming that was p+p

Some things are::Clap:

E-mailed complaint about the cracked hinge that was all over the internet. They sent me a pre-paid barcode and within a week its was returned with a brand new hinge FREE of charge.

This is a design fault and they know it.

I would recommend anyone with this problem to do the same, forget the phone as you will spent ages in the hope that they might answer. And yes it was out of warranty also.

As they say Result:banana:

Last edited:
Some things are:

E-mailed complaint about the cracked hinge that was all over the internet. They sent me a pre-paid barcode and within a week its was returned with a brand new hinge FREE of charge.

I would recommend anyone with this problem to do the same, forget the phone as you will spent ages in the hope that they might answer. And yes it was out of warranty also.

As they say Result

:Cheers:
AT LAST THEY ACKNOWLEDGED THE FLAW!!!!!
:Cheers:

May have to give this a try next time the hinge goes on a lite
Cool that you got it sorted :Clap:

yeah I've sent back 2 DS Lites with hinge breaking its usually on the right hinge, I've told them about the stories on the net and it being a design flaw but they wouldn't admit it.

Some things are::Clap:

As they say Result:banana:

just got back from my hols and while away the kids cracked the hinge on the DSLite.

Its about 18 months old

Who did you email to address??
So I can do the same

thanks

just got back from my hols and while away the kids cracked the hinge on the DSLite.

Its about 18 months old

Who did you email to address??
So I can do the same

thanks

Gon on their UK website and contact the customers services, don't take no for an answer.

Hope that helps, cheers Windy

Back