Covid 19 Vaccine

I think they aren't being harsh enough with the lockdown rules. I personally think the armed forces should be put out in the worst hit areas to enforce the rules as too many people still don't social distance, wear masks or wear them correctly. Sadly too many people think they are above this virus.

Read yesterday that international travel was going to be banned. Then read again this morning that were allowing travel from other countries into the UK. Trying to stop the spread of it out of the UK, but ok to let more of it into the UK - the mind boggles at this!

This is exactly how the media want you to think, you have fallen for their hype hook, line & sinker.
What you don't take into account is the damage that lockdowns do to people's lives. Have you lost a business you've spent a lifetime building up? Have you had a family member or friend lose their own life due to the stress of having had everything taken away from them? I can answer 'yes' to both of those questions. I also know several people who have had the "virus" but none of them died, so a balance has to be struck.

And what makes you think that people coming from abroad are any more likely to have the supposed virus than those already in the UK?
I just recently returned home to Portugal (from the UK) and had to take a covid test prior to flying - at my expense may I add. This was deemed necessary by Portugal as the UK apparently has a more contagious strain all of a sudden and the authorities here want to be seen to be preventing it entering the country. A futile action IMO, only delaying the inevitible.

This is exactly how the media want you to think, you have fallen for their hype hook, line & sinker.
What you don't take into account is the damage that lockdowns do to people's lives. Have you lost a business you've spent a lifetime building up? Have you had a family member or friend lose their own life due to the stress of having had everything taken away from them? I can answer 'yes' to both of those questions. I also know several people who have had the "virus" but none of them died, so a balance has to be struck.

And what makes you think that people coming from abroad are any more likely to have the supposed virus than those already in the UK?
I just recently returned home to Portugal (from the UK) and had to take a covid test prior to flying - at my expense may I add. This was deemed necessary by Portugal as the UK apparently has a more contagious strain all of a sudden and the authorities here want to be seen to be preventing it entering the country. A futile action IMO, only delaying the inevitible.

Fortunately I don't know anyone who has died from the stress of having everything taken away from them. I do however know of at least two people on my partners side of the family dying from covid. One of my brothers who works within the NHS in Wolverhampton has seen first hand patients of covid and has told me how bad it is (also caught the virus but thankfully didn't cause him too much bother), so although i don't believe all the media reports I definately believe the information from my brother who works for the NHS. So I don't think i've fallen for any hype at all.

Unfortunately, other european countries (France is definately one of them) have already confirmed the new mutated strain of covid present as well as a few others, although some articles i've read over last week or so claim it originated from the UK to them. From what i've read in papers and seen in news reports, not all countries have the capability to check if this new strain is present. The aim of the lockdown is to stop the spread of this virus so i personally think that international travel in and out of the UK should be stopped unless absolutely necessary.

Lockdowns are definately doing damage to peoples lives, but having no lockdowns is also damaging lives too. Unfortunately it is a no win situation for some people.

This might sound harsh, however if the huge amounts of people who are refusing to social distance, and follow simple rules like wearing masks to prevent the spread continue to be so ignorant to this virus, then lives are going to continue to be damaged whether there is a lockdown or not.

There is not enough police within this country anymore to catch criminals so there is no way they can ensure the public follow the rules, therefore I don't see another option than for the armed forces to be used.

Your dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t and you ain’t gonna please all of the people all of the time and that’s how life works.
I don’t mean to be blunt but COVID is another illness along with many other illnesses that is killing people. I mean on average in the UK 460 people die every day of heart disease and 450 die of cancer.
What about all the people that drink, smoke, eat and do drugs to much. This is effecting their health and the health service.
I think COVID has compounded the strain that the health service is already under and it just can’t cope.
I also think they have inflated the death rate to scare the public into adhering to the restrictions but you will always have rule breakers and conspiracy mongers.
It’s just how life is.

My wifes just been for her jab while I'm booked for a test in the next hour. Bad chest and cough started 2-3 days ago. Feels like some fat turds sat my chest

Hope all goes well for you @silverdale . I had to have a covid test last week in order to get home to Portugal. I was sh*tting bricks as I'd managed to pick up a cold during my visit but happily test came back neg. Hopefully your symptoms are likewise just a nasty cold.

Its all chest and cough with me. I can't say my sense of smell and taste have altered much.
It might be a false alarm and a chest infection of some sort but the persistent cough made me go for a test.
A friend had something similar he tested negative. Only then would his doctor prescribed him anti biotics for a chest infection so I've had to do the same which is fair do's. No point in giving me them if its Covid

For anyone thinking it’s hype and a hoax, A work colleague of mine died on Wednesday from it she was 49. on Friday her mother in law died from it. They caught it at a Christmas Day gathering. Jane had no underlying issues with health.

Sorry to say its only going to get worse as had a few friends who got it and survived but still feeling crap,now the Uk one which has spread much more quickly and the latest strain From Africa which has mutated.
Just because you get the Covid jab but does not protect you from all strains.:(:(:(:(

Hospital meltdown coming to a town near you:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I have to agree. I am sad to think the NHS is going to get overwhelmed very soon.

It's really on the government for allowing Christmas Day gatherings, knowing full well that the virus was upto 70% more transmissible. Such a bad idea <sigh>. If people are allowed to do something then they will do it.

25th December + 14 days = 8th Jan....so we have already passed the 14 day incubation period and the numbers are showing no signs of letting up :-(

I got the all clear for Covisd thank God so now I can go the docs for anti-biotics for a more than likely chest infection. The wife had her vaccination jab Friday. She has had some mild side affects like, cramp in the arm Friday night and soreness Saturday abit like a dead arm but seems ok.

She said she felt tired this morning so it was a bit of a struggle carrying her downstairs to make breakfast

Back