covering letter

FC Sniper

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello
i need help in writing a good covering letter any 1 no any good sites or templates

any help would be much appriacated
thanks

hiya
thanks for you reply
i have a great CV but need an covering letter to apply for an fro a certain technicians job

Edited my post above to make the website hyperlinked (it just didn't standout as normal text).

Anyway, the info on the site is the same info I was told at uni, in sixth form and at secondary school so the advice on the site must work.

Tips for all:

Keep to the same type face for both CV and covering letter. Don't use 'comic sans'. It does not give a professional look to your CV or you for than matter (visit http://bancomicsans.com/ if you want to laugh at the extremes of some peoples' hatered of comic sans). Use of Times New Roman or Arial is prefered.

Use one font size on the covering letter (size 12 is the 'norm').

A maximum of three font sizes is strongly suggested for a CV (sizes 12, 14 and 16), the recommended is use just two (12 and 14).

A covering letter should be a single side of A4 paper. Do not worry if you cannot fill this much, less is more likely to be read if there are a lot of applicants

A CV should aim to fit on two sheets of A4. If you do go over try to reduce space by columising your references, changing to using just 2 fonts (if you have used 3), etc.

And the golden rule? Always check your spellings...

thanks for all your help is it ok if pm you my covering letter for feedback

Back