Hardware Could the PSU be causing my BSOD and other problems.

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 650watt corsair modular psu from ebay. When I got it it was still in the wrapping and unopened. Ever since I have installed it I think thats when my problems started. I also have an rtx 2060 and recently installed a 2600x which is the reason I wanted to get a better PSU. I now get BSOD's, my computer has problems restarting and won't restart when the BSOD has finished collecting info like it should. I'm also getting random crashes and freezes. Firefox crashes randomly too. The thing is i can still game without issues which makes me think its not a PSU issue. I can run benchmarking utilities without issues too.

I have clean installed windows, checked the memory using memtest.

That PSU should be enough for a RTX 2060
But it also depends on other hardware you are running...how many Hard drives..cd roms etc.

Ive also read that some people had issues with early releases of the rtx drivers....not sure if this has been resolved or not.

I used this mate when my pc kept crashing

Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer

It will analize the dump file (if any) and point you in the right direction.

It turned out mine was a cpu thermal issue, i replaced the stock cooler and never had a problem since.

Last edited:
it could be faulty but looking at the card your using I am guessing its a high end system
so guessing you are getting close to the max load . that card under load with motherboard 1 stick of ram and a new cpu will draw about 400 watt
add some fans and hd's and the power could be more than the 12v rail on the psu can handle

Well, I unplugged the Oculus rift and sensors and I've not had any issues so far. The BSOD's I've had are below but thats a small sample of the issues I've had. I've had windows freeze, not reset properly.

That points to memory but memory has been cleared. It also could point to software conflicts or driver issues. I'm edging towards the oculus either faulty or the driver is having issues!

Back