could anyone give advice please ?

chadda

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
this setup is in an apartment block

in the pic you see --- sat and return i have a vu box connected to the sat out which if fine
what i need is a tv working in the bedroom just for free view there is a tv terrestrial socket in the bedroom but signal is really bad tried a signal booster but no good
could anyone tell me what the return is for on that pic if i connect a cable to it and a box will it work in the bedroom ?
or would a sat splitter work ?
cheers

Attachments

• sat out.jpg
    sat out.jpg
    743.7 KB · Views: 19
How to use the TV Return socket - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

also read the pdf on the above thread @chadda

Splitter on the 'main' socket in the living room, 1 cable going into the TV and the other into the 'return' socket.

Once I did that the 'TV' socket in the bedroom activated and the television could get a signal.

Both TVs are independent, Sillygoose you are right I did confused satellite/Freeview signals.

cheers shaun
when you say ---- Splitter on the 'main' socket in the living room, 1 cable going into the TV and the other into the 'return' socket.

i would have thought the aerial socket and the sat socket would be two independent cables ?

cheers shaun
when you say ---- Splitter on the 'main' socket in the living room, 1 cable going into the TV and the other into the 'return' socket.

i would have thought the aerial socket and the sat socket would be two independent cables ?
They are independent but the return should just be floating between the source and the next room, doesn't have any signal unless splittered to either tv or sat.

Back