JimmyP

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here use costco

reason i ask is we have one moving close to where i live

do they have good prices on things

can anyone give an example of prices please

I used to spend far more than I wanted to when shopping in there most items are in bulk like 24 cans of beans 100 fish fingers etc

some elecrical items are cheaper but if you shop around you can find them cheap on the net

its ok but all in all I hardly go there now

I used to spend far more than I wanted to when shopping in there most items are in bulk like 24 cans of beans 100 fish fingers etc

some elecrical items are cheaper but if you shop around you can find them cheap on the net

its ok but all in all I hardly go there now

i suppose then john its good if two families go down and split everything sajon44 we taking a trip together lol

do you have any prices of there items john?

they are just like Makro, and compete prices with Makro, and vice versa,

i used to work at a Costco in Trafford Park, and if Makro had a cheaper itme, that we could not match or beat, we took it off sale.

as said, some electrical items are cheaper, but on the whole, it's not that cheap.

I think it's good for beer if you are having a party, etc, and if you have the storage space you can buy things like bog rolls in massive packs and save in the long run.

My mate got a bag of frozen king prawns from there the other day (which goes by weight and said it contained between 50-70 prawns) for £5.99!!!

Now that's a bargin.

the food is definitely good value if you have a large family or throw a party, same for drink.

Never really looked at the cost of the electrical stuff mind.

Also, things like painkillers and toilet roll are also very good value for money there.

good for tubs of penny sweets, yummm, lol and boxes of beef monster munch :proud:

they make them just up the road from me m8 ;) i know a few people who work for triax

good for tubs of penny sweets, yummm, lol and boxes of beef monster munch :proud:

Yeah, they have buckets of Harribos which you could easily fit 5 human heads in... I like to measure in the human head unit.

Used to belong.

Didn't buy much though, the bakery is the best value.

Electrical items look cheap but they add VAT at the till.

Food is ok ..ish.

we go once a mth for the dog food
we buy the 1800gram size tins in a six pack
3 x and it works out very cheap
beer and cyder is cheap
yum yum lol

but dont buy the handbags
lol
fook have u seen the prices lol
top price is £1000
fook give me a plastic carrier anytime

i used to be a member but aint anymore.

i used it for buying tyres for my car, they were very reasonably priced. dont know if they all do a tyre fitting service though.

i used to be a member but aint anymore.

i used it for buying tyres for my car, they were very reasonably priced. dont know if they all do a tyre fitting service though.

trafford park still do.

Is there any way of getting a card if you don't have your own business?

If you go you have to buy a tray of scones they are the best in the world.
Pure heaven

:banana::banana:

You do for the one near me.

One of my friends is a Teacher, so she gets membership. We go down every few weeks and pick up stuff etc.

I've been a member twice. Once as a private person, when that lapsed I joined with a trade card.

The only difference was that Wednesday mornings were for trade card holders only. ( supposedly special offers)

Back