Corsa misfire problem

avid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
2001 corsa 1400cc sri.
The Engine management light started flashing yesterday morning there was a lose in power, stoped the car turned the engine off. Started the car the engine management light stayed on, power seemed fine. Took the car to a mate of mine, linked it up to his portable diagnostics. Read out misfire on cylinder 2.
He was'st to sure what had caused this, he said it could be due to the cold damp weather. The car did the same again this morning, thinking about taking it to a vauxhall dealer but probably will be expensive.
Anybody got any advise.

Put a new set of spark plugs on it for starters, these engine managements are a pain.

Yours has those dodgey little plugs to connect to the sparky's, make sure they are in tight and spray wd40 on everything.

Mine is on at the mo, fault is that the fuel pump anit working yet the car drives...lol Computers eh who needs em.

Yeah first thing to do would be to change the spark plugs and check the connection at the plugs.

How easy is it to change spark plugs and ignition leads on this model.
I'm a novice when it comes to cars.:doh:

Absolute doddle,

do one plug at a time, and 1 lead at a time so you dont get the leads mixed up and screw up the firing pattern.

Go to halfords and a buy a set of plugs for your model, NGK Platinum are good about £25 setof leads about the same.

You will also need a spark plug spanner at about a fiver.

start on the left hand side, pull the lead off and remove the plug. Screw the new one in to just past hand tight then 1/4 turn, you will know its right when the compression washer gives and seats.

Replace the lead....then move onto the next one:)

Mairyhinge said:
I would also replace the ignition leads for some nice new silicone ones:)
I agree with MaryHinge. My peugeot 406 2.0i turbo had been miss firing for months, really bad and i have loss of power too. The engine system management light had come on a few times aswell. I booked it in with main dealer who linked it up to the diagnostic machine (which does'nt tell you the problem but leads to area from where the fault is coming from) It turned out to be the HT leads. They also cleared all the fault codes in the system. If the fault codes aren't cleared, the system thinks it's still got a fault so the light still may come, they also told me that, the car has loads of sensors in it, which means when a fault occours it will send a message to another and so on. The lack of power is down the turbo. Sometimes the car is on full belt and other times it's like i'm driving with the hand brake and then suddenly, wosh, the turbo kicks in. This was diagnosed as being the turbo pressure. They don't know if it's actually the turbo it self or one of the hoses that goes to it that meybe worn or split etc... they would have to remove it to know exactly.
Hope this helps and you get it sorted mated. There's nothing worst when you car keeps playing and you can't get to the bottom of it, it ends up driving you mad. (Excuse the punch line)
If all else fails, try other means of transport like santa.
:santa:

Put a new set of NGK spark plugs in, can't change the leads as this model has a solid bloke that sits on top of the plugs. The guy in my local Bullseye said it was a dealer part. I will see how it go's with new plugs.
:Cheers: for all your help and may you all live long and prosper.
A problem shared is a problem halved or have I just double my problems:Jester:
P.S Happy Christmas :xmas: and a Merry Newyear.:Cheers:

missfiring

i had a friend whos car was misfiring it turn out to be the maff sensor.

Back