corsa engine

these suffer from the whole rocker cover getting blocked with carbon so the engine cant breath......its a common fault

you can get a replacement

these suffer from the whole rocker cover getting blocked with carbon so the engine cant breath......its a common fault

you can get a replacement
True, the rocker cover has a double skin with oil galleries running through them they also could be blocked.

ok lads thanks for that will change it see if it sorts it before it gets picked up

its the 1.2 twinport engine does it suffer the same fault?

Last edited:
ok lads thanks for that will change it see if it sorts it before it gets picked up

its the 1.2 twinport engine does it suffer the same fault?
Yes mate. I had an Astra in (twinport) it ran like a bag of spanners. I released the oil cap and the damn thing blew up nearly due to back pressure. Changed the rocker/breather and cleaned the pipes new oil and filter and the job was done.Good luck.👍

pmsl brought forward global warming by a few years car is running again but with massive plumbs of smoke & oil dripping out of exhaust tail pipe lol original plan done new car got and await local scrappy pickup as said never seen the like before no worries gone soon

pmsl brought forward global warming by a few years car is running again but with massive plumbs of smoke & oil dripping out of exhaust tail pipe lol original plan done new car got and await local scrappy pickup as said never seen the like before no worries gone soon
Aww! now that is a shame. ask the scrapyard if they have an engine for it and how much to fit it?. See if it's worth your while doing it up and then selling it on.👍

did my bit gave a few hours of my time she gets new car monday so good riddance i say worth nothing to me lol

Back