corsa engine

alimac

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
daughters 05 corsa 1.2 has a weird issue oil has somehow filled the bores to the point wouldnt even try turnover & air intake filter satturated in oil is it goosed or could it be a blockage somewhere car started fine ran about 5 mins & cut out never seen this before any hints before i scrap it lol thanks in advance for any help

has someone maybe over filled the oil. check oil level and drain if to much but the damage could have been done already

no overfills mate her pride & joy looked after well obviously something went wrong after starting up

pulled it home thought it was seized as wouldnt turn over on key pulled spark plugs out all cylinders are floating in oil if i can get oil from cylinders guess it will run again but something must have caused it in first place

not looked at anything else yet

cylinders sitting full not even draining by the looks of it will give it a couple hours in morning failing that will scrap it she will not be pleased lol

cylinders sitting full not even draining by the looks of it will give it a couple hours in morning failing that will scrap it she will not be pleased lol
Might be a blown cylinder head gasket mate. Wouldnt imagine too expensive to repair. But looking at the age of the car is it economical?

easy repair if it was that i can do all the work but will make mind up in morning just told her its going to scrappies she shed real tears pmsl

If the head gasket did go you would usually find oil in the coolant bottle so check to see.

I take it youve done the basics such as check the breather pipes for blockage ?

hi mate still to check basics coolent clean oil clean its like all oil dumped in cylinders choked engine spat out through itr intake weird lol never seen the like before just heading to it now

goosed breathers ok got it started within seconds did it again cylinders full of oil obvious internal failure but no idea what so car heaven it is

sounds like the cylinder head gasket m8, if it is u will have to get the head skimmed, u could try draining the oil and flushing the engine out with an engine flush or petrol

would need to be a total failure for that surely all 4 cylinders? no water in oil no oil in water

have u checked for any blocked hoses ?
have u done a compression test

You need to do a compression test on it Ian. It sounds like you need piston rings and a rebore mate. It's costly for a rebore about 300.00/ 400.00 so think carefully. You could get a recon engine but it's about 800.00/ 1000 ffitted.

You need to do a compression test on it Ian. It sounds like you need piston rings and a rebore mate. It's costly for a rebore about 300.00/ 400.00 so think carefully. You could get a recon engine but it's about 800.00/ 1000 fitted.

hi mate surely would have been smoky using oil etc but it was fine till other morning guess like myself it didnt like -7 degrees pmsl if memory serves me compression was about 170 slight variation between all 4
think its being scrapped mate

If oil is getting in the cylinders then your valve stem oil seals are leaking. have you checked the engine breather pipe?. There is definitely back pressure somewhere.

yip mate cleaned yesterday werent that dirty to be honest in 35 years dabbling i have never seen this happen as bad before from start up only takes about 5 seconds & cylinders get filled with oil & was running perfect till other morning when this happened thanks for info mate beats me for sure

Back