Coronavirus Financial Help & Rights

My 93 year old Aunt, who has Alzheimer's, was in a care home when she fell out of bed and broke her hip almost 12 months back and was taken to hospital to have it replaced 2 days later, one of my cousins has been waiting for her hip to be replaced for about 15 months so I told her to fall out of bed and break it so she can get it done immediately too 😁

Her care home said that they couldn't take her back there as her Alzheimer's was worse than they had thought when they took her in and they couldn't cope with that and her rehab for the new hip so she went to a different home for rehab and then in July they accepted her as a permanent resident. Because she was quite well off she has to pay for her care but we kept asking who we had to pay and how much but they kept saying she was covered by the NHS for the rehab. Anyway they told us last week that as from March 22nd we have to start paying just under a grand a week as the Covid support was ending on that date.

I wonder if everyone got a "payment holiday" due to Covid or if she was just lucky that she broke her hip when she did and moved homes ?

If you have to self isolate due to testing positive, make sure you get your PCR test in early, otherwise the council will resist giving you the £500 you can get for self-isolating. Happened to me, didn't get my £500 as my PCR test got lost :(

👆
Paid people with our money for testing positive.
And then everyone cried (in fear) 😧 look at all the cases 🤥
500 smackeroos hey.

Absolute clown world 🤡😷🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
The DWP have reported the suspension of all PIP, ESA and UC up close and personal evaluations for a considerable length of time, from Tuesday 17 March.
Any individual who had an up close and personal evaluation arrangement planned from Tuesday 17 March onwards doesn't have to join in.
You ought to be reached by IAS (Atos), Capita or Maximus to examine subsequent stages and elective plans.

@DUK1984

Of your 7 posts to date, none of them meet the 'Useful' posts criteria as they bring nothing of benefit to the forum.

Back