copying originals

baggy69

Inactive User
Reaction score
When copying originals do you have to patch them before burning them? Ive just took a copy from originals of saints row and need for speed with samsung kreon drive using xbox backup creator and went to burn them on my 111d with clone cd onto verbs at 2-2.4 speed and they have both failed? Any ideas?

Xbox Backup Creator rips the whole disk including the security sectors, so there would be no need to patch the resulting ISO, although some people do.

You should just be able to burn the resulting ISO. I have done this many times using the same method as you without any problems

just read you can burn the game with xbox backup creator .. have you tried it that way?

Which version of the Kreon firmware are you using?

What error messages do you get when burning the ISO?

What version of CloneCD are you using?

Just burnt deadrising and it worked fine this time ???
spec of stuff i used is -
Found ODD: TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-D162C TS04 at [H]
Additional Info: XB360 KREON V0.81

Burning DVD pioneer 111D

clonecd Version 5.3.0.1

The run through all the settings using your samung drive in the xbox 360 hacking book here http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22009&d=1168030158

The only thing i did different then whats in that guide was i clicked 'drive tools', 'unlock drive' before reading in xbox backup creator.

so will clone cd/dvd do the job then as im new to burning original 360 games
or can u use alcohol to create the image for u then burn it .
regards biffo

Sounds like you are doing everything right. So where does the error occur? Write failures when burning the DVD? Or does the DVD burn successfully but struggle to read in the 360 drive?

Just burnt deadrising and it worked fine this time ???
spec of stuff i used is -
Found ODD: TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-D162C TS04 at [H]
Additional Info: XB360 KREON V0.81

Burning DVD pioneer 111D

clonecd Version 5.3.0.1

The only thing i did different then whats in that guide was i clicked 'drive tools', 'unlock drive' before reading in xbox backup creator.

Sounds like you are doing everything right. So where does the error occur? Write failures when burning the DVD? Or does the DVD burn successfully but struggle to read in the 360 drive?

It was right at the end of the burn, it just said burning failed? Luckily it hasn't happend on the last 3 disk ive just done, so who knows ??? lol

are you using verbs m8

if your having problems I can give your laser a tweek and clean the lens, if you think that will help , give us a shout

are you using verbs m8

if your having problems I can give your laser a tweek and clean the lens, if you think that will help , give us a shout

Think it was a few dodgy disks, they were verbs aswell. laser shouldn't need a tweek as its a new 111d. Thanks.

New protection.. Crackdown game

Some of the new games are protected differently - all you need to do is go into XBOX Backup Drive Tools and hit Unlock drive twice - Lockdown lists as a 6mb disc until you do this. Afterwards its a 6.11gb disc - then you'll need to read as the current partition.
Full details are below but I've got this via e-mail from a mate.

1. Open Xbox Backup Creator
2. Go to drive tools, hit unlock drive twice until it reads the full size of the disc.
3. go to read select current partition
4. hit start, wait for it to copy.
5. go to drive tools, extract the ss, pfi, and dmi.
6 open schtrom xtract, insert any xbox 360 game, under task choose video.iso, and extract to the same folder as your crackdown files.(leave XBC open in background with drive unlocked when dumping video.iso with Schtrom)
I used Call Of Duty 3 (video.iso = 265,873,408 bytes)
7. In this folder, you should have (naming is important) a game.iso, video.iso, SS, PFI, and DMI.
9b Open SS merger
10b. choose the iso, ss, pfi, and dmi, select "add video partition" choose "insert iso" leave fixes checked. (click no when asked to retrieve md5 from internet)
11b. check/uncheck nme compatibility as needed.
12b. hit the "merge and create layer break" button (File->Merge does not work)
13b. window pops up, choose Video.iso +hit Open (wait 5-10 min's for box to pop up saying All done burn using clone)
14b. Now open imgburn, set layer break to 1913760(tools/settings/write), burn at 2.4x or 4x, If your making a backup for the Flashed FW make sure it is exactly 7.572.881.408 bytes (or 7,395,392KB), for nme360, 7.705.657.344 bytes.

Cheers Keith

about xbox

hi there

i want to copy an xbox game but i cannot fit it on a single dvd 4.7GB disc, is there any suggestions how i can get around this problem aprt from buying 8.7GB discs.

Back