CoolTVGuide Help

aradialk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there,
I am a newbie can someone assist with guide on how to install cooltv 7.3 on TM-Twin Oe running 4D image.
r
Rgds

Ive created your own thread for you

FTP the IPK file to tmp folder and install via receiver in software manager :)

Yes it has the 6.4 but not working asking me to download the new version from cooltv website which I did and ftp it into the temp folder and Rat says I should install through the sw.manager where is this located

I dont know on 4D images have a browse through menus :)

Yes it has the 6.4 but not working asking me to download the new version from cooltv website which I did and ftp it into the temp folder and Rat says I should install through the sw.manager where is this located

You could install it via telnet with the over write command if you know how to use telnet use this command.

opkg update && opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

Which image version are you on (as in date)? There was a 4D image released a few days ago.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Download site with no links to retailers/other forum.

Hi there,
After ftp the downloaded 7.3 .ipk file into the temp folder then use the DCC telnet screen to enter the command -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk but returned not found error.

Hi there,
After ftp the downloaded 7.3 .ipk file into the temp folder then use the DCC telnet screen to enter the command -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk but returned not found error.

Reboot box router and ftp it in again to the tmp folder and try again.

On 4d image ftp to temp. then menu, set up, software management, then install local extension.

Hi there,
Thanks. ftp the .ipk file then sw.management >> install local extension it came up with the following and the cooltv plugin still showing 6.4. is there any other way of the plugin can update itself

1. wdc wd500aads-5 /media/hdd
2.Internal flash
3.Memory /tmp

click on 3, memory/tmp and the file you sent over in theory should be in there, click on it and then select install (green button I think). Then reboot your box and it should have updated.

(I have just tried to get a screen grab on my box with latest 4d image and there is an issue with installng a ipk)

Do you have a backup of your image ? always helps when things go wrong :)

Try removing old CooTvGuide first reboot then install new one, if using software manager dont work tey what ferret suggested
opkg update && opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

I take it others have the newest version installed and working just to confirm it works ? I know what this team are like for breaking things

I click on 3 and it's empty despite the fact that file is still in the tmp/ folder when I checked. After ftp the .ipk file into the folder is there anything else I am meant to do before the install local extension.

ferret, being a newbie please confirm if the whole line is the command for the telnet option.

# opkg update && opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk OR
# -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

Last edited:
Hi there,
Thanks everyone, what do I do next it now says the following;

Done - Installed, upgrade or remove 0 packages (with 0 errors) what do I do next

check its installed ? ;)
press menu and plugins see what version you have

Hi there,
Thanks everyone, what do I do next it now says the following;

Done - Installed, upgrade or remove 0 packages (with 0 errors) what do I do next

By the look of that it installed nothing, something the image does not like no idea what.

The overwrite command should of installed it.

Do you have space to install this ?

Ferret, meant have you free space on your box to install it.

From telnet if you type
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

and that will display details of space you have left on box.

I'm surprised you got message:

Done - Installed, upgrade or remove 0 packages (with 0 errors)

as you normally only get that message when installed via image menus and not via telnet commands (or at least on my box) :)

Back