Coolrunner not booting?

Oily

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Not used my 360 for a while but thought I'd fire it up to kill some time but for some reason it won't boot up.It has the CoolRunner Ver C fitted and was all working fine the last time I used it?I got a red power led lit and when it starts up I get one green led blink and nothing more?
Thought I'd ask here first before I try the TX forums ;)

have you tried booting the 360 by the eject and see if it boots into Xell Reloaded

if not check your soldering points m8

hope you got a back up as well of your Nand just in case its went corrupt ?

Doesn't boot into Xell Reloaded via eject button.Will check the solder joints tonight when i return home from work.I have a backup somewhere lol,thanks for the reply :)

Well that escalated quickly lol.Solder point R2B24 looked a bit flakey so tried to get a better joint but only succeeded in lifting the pad :Mad2:
Found an alternative in FT2R2 but now won't boot at all!:Chainsaw:

Any suggestions anyone lol

Ah,must have misread the post,I haven't done the second bit,soldering the resistor to FT2R2.
Cheers Spud

I used this tutorial
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
16MB Jasper with coolrunner revc (genuine) boots instantly/2cycles

Best to get your console booting on current setup.

Last edited:
so you got it booting up again m8 ?
Not yet spud,had to go to Maplins to get the resistor then something called work got in the way :(

I used this tutorial
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
16MB Jasper with coolrunner revc (genuine) boots instantly/2cycles

Best to get your console booting on current setup.

Will do then I'll give this a shot,cheers

hope you get back in Xell after that m8

Back to square one,lol.Power resumed but still not booting into either Xell or to the dashboard?
If I press the eject button I get all the green lights as if it was booting but if I just press the power button it just stays green and I get 1 green flash from the CoolRunner and nothing else happens?

mmmm you could try to flash the coolrunner chip again just in case its went corrupt .

will have a search about on the subject m8

Cheers Spud,had a chat with my daughter who used it last apparently and she said the FSD dashboard was acting 'weird'.When flicking through the games it was going slow and when she tried the games they wouldn't work then it went off.Didn't bother to tell me,typical!
Just wondered if the dashboard was corrupt?

Ooops,looks like I have a Rev A if that makes any difference?
Edit,boots into Xell,didn't realise it wouldn't show it with a HDMI cadle :doh:

Last edited:
well thats good m8

see if this works

hold RB to boot to normal dash when you turn on your xbox , you might have a corrupt launch.ini for freestyle to boot up

sorry for the delayed reply m8 just got my windows 10 update sorted and installed :)

If it boots in Xell, remove the HDD to isolate any issues with FSD/Dashlaunch. It should boot as normal.

well thats good m8

see if this works

hold RB to boot to normal dash when you turn on your xbox , you might have a corrupt launch.ini for freestyle to boot up

sorry for the delayed reply m8 just got my windows 10 update sorted and installed :)

Appreciate the help Spud :)

If it boots in Xell, remove the HDD to isolate any issues with FSD/Dashlaunch. It should boot as normal.

Doesn't boot into normal dash for some reason?

you could try this m8

get your backup Nand dump , run it in xeBuild_GUI_2.096 , then use the saved Nand and flash your 360 again just in case its a corrupt image?

xeBuild_GUI_2.096

Back