cooling xbox

beezo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

just had the 3 red lights on xbox but left it off for a while an its fine again, thank god.

Ive seen clip on fans for sale, i.e coolerking etc but have read bad reviews about all of them, so not sure which one to get to help keep ot cool.

what do you recomend??

I'd suggest the x-clamp fix or letting the rrod go permanent and send the machine back to MS but you risk having it returned with a Lite-On drive, better stick with the x-clamp fix. Google it or pick it up off fleabay.

PS . . I've given the same answer to your other thread in the xbox360 softmods and exploits section.

Please do not post the same message twice in different sections.

I have removed the other message

I used the Intercooler from ASDA £20 but I got an error E68 which is low voltage so am now runing without. Plus this was proper noisey.:proud:

all the cooling fans for the xbox360 makes a lot of noise your better off using x-clamp fix and keep your xbox360 well ventilated don't put it in a closed space always keep the side , top & back well clear of any obstruction as these are the fans and help keep the console cool. :BLOBBY:

I was using an Intercooler as well and got the E68 error more than once. Decided the noise wasn't worth it, even though my 360 is loud anyways.

Id send it back regardless.

I have put 2 fans (pc case fans (12v)) blowing air into the case on the opposite side to the hard drive and have 1 fan sucking the air out the back (will be making it 2 though) which I hope is helping the 2 built into the case.

These are powered from a small 12v wallwart rather than the box, We had the intercooler but the box still overheated and died with the 2 red lights, I have no faith in any addons that take power from the xbox or it's psu anymore.

Talismoon Max with bonny lights, couple of heatsinks, mind you the turbo mode Is a no no, cant hear yourself think with that on.

16" house fan pointed at the box, raise the box on some supports so air can get all around.

Now if only i could patent the idea ;)

edit.. all jokes aside, I actually do do this

Back