Cooker Help

if you have increased the temperature dial and its still blowing cold air then yes sounds like a fault with the element mate

Lol i dnt think it was working at all. I have some tenants in property and they said today only the heating grill works not the fan assisted one

What do u reckon will it be that element showed in vid? Dnt wana pay someone to do it if i can replace myself

yes mate, prob is the element, the one in the video. ideally you could do with checking that theres voltage at the element to confirm it is and not faulty control knob, but more than likely the element

yes mate, prob is the element, the one in the video. ideally you could do with checking that theres voltage at the element to confirm it is and not faulty control knob, but more than likely the element

Hiya mate

How would you check there is voltage in element?

Be careful - 240v up you is not that funny!

Element change is easy enough but a slip with the multimeter will result in a bang or a belt - maybe you should get a local guy in?

I have sourced the part for £14 rang one local guy and he said £20 for diagnostic and then woteva charge on top

I have sourced the part for £14 rang one local guy and he said £20 for diagnostic and then woteva charge on top

He should be able to quote a fixed price for an element change - £20 (ish) plus parts. He'll cover himself in case the controller is knackered (unlikely). If you're not happy changing the element then £35-50 would be reasonable?

Got a new element put it inside the oven and no luck still blowing cold air !!!

Looked like a right donkey. Any advice guys ??

Got a new element put it inside the oven and no luck still blowing cold air !!!

Looked like a right donkey. Any advice guys ??

Confident enough to whack a meter across the element connections? I'd start there, could be the controller.

just to confirm, you are choosing the fan with the circle round it ?

Also , did you check for voltage, or get someone to test it before replacing ?

Cheers

just to confirm, you are choosing the fan with the circle round it ?

Also , did you check for voltage, or get someone to test it before replacing ?

Cheers

That is right fan with the circle. Voltage?? test nope i thought it was element so just replaced it??

How can i check voltage? The girll works in the oven that gives heat if that is any use?

The fan turns around? Just grill element wont heat up ??

That is right fan with the circle. Voltage?? test nope i thought it was element so just replaced it??

How can i check voltage? The girll works in the oven that gives heat if that is any use?

The fan turns around? Just grill element wont heat up ??

A M8 with a multimeter could check the voltage on the element - sounds like the temp. controller could be stuffed.

I switched the oven on with new element left it on for 5 mins and still cold air touched the actual element and it was cold so defo no voltage on the element.

Temp controller shit how much will that cost? Does it matter the grill works does that no rely on the temp controller as well??

I switched the oven on with new element left it on for 5 mins and still cold air touched the actual element and it was cold so defo no voltage on the element.

Temp controller shit how much will that cost? Does it matter the grill works does that no rely on the temp controller as well??

There could be just one temp. controller. If it works on the grill okay then could be the grill/oven selector - the multimeter will nail it :)

Grill oven selector?? What do i do with multimeter if i can get hold of one?

Grill oven selector?? What do i do with multimeter if i can get hold of one?

Erm, you'll be poking around in a system with plenty enough to give you a nasty 'belt'. You'd check the voltage from the switch that selects oven/grill/etc. to find out why it's not getting to the element. Check you have voltage from the selector (the one that has fan/grill pictures) and follow the wiring through to the element. When voltage appears at one point and doesn't come out the other side you have your fault.

M8 - I don't advise you do this if you're not confident with a meter - get someone else to take a look!

Erm, you'll be poking around in a system with plenty enough to give you a nasty 'belt'. You'd check the voltage from the switch that selects oven/grill/etc. to find out why it's not getting to the element. Check you have voltage from the selector (the one that has fan/grill pictures) and follow the wiring through to the element. When voltage appears at one point and doesn't come out the other side you have your fault.

M8 - I don't advise you do this if you're not confident with a meter - get someone else to take a look!

Cheers mate best to get someone in it is gona be something simple and I am gona kick myself

Back