CD & DVD converting

daveballs

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, can anybody help me please,
i have now after 3 months of trying to burn movies to disk finally did it.
anyway i am useing total video conveter and in the top left hand conner of the movie it has total video converter writing on it dose any one know how to get this off. and when i am burning disks i can only use DVD-RW dose anybody no how i can use dvd-r as i have loads of them and they are much cheeper

thanks dave: colors1

Dave,

It sounds like you have an evaluation copy of the video converter software. You will need to buy or download a cough cough version to get rid of the writing at the top of the screen. I personally use WinAVI or VSO convert X to DVD. I'm not totally sure why you can only burn RW discs? Is you burner +/-? if you trying to use - disc in a + burner, they wont be recognised.

Last edited:
hi
the burner i am using is nero 7,
dose this help,
cheers dave

hi
it says on the frount of it DVD R/RW
and in big letters RW
dose this help
cheers: colors1

Mmmm, no +/- anywhere?

R means it will burn R but it will either be +R or -R or both. So it could be that it's a +R if you can't burn -R's? :confused:

What the make and model of it Dave?

Check your PM?

I'm off home soon so will catch up with you later on if your no further forward?

Dave,

I personally use WinAVI or VSO convert X to DVD.

Have to agree with you re VSO convert X to DVD, not so sure about Winavi, I think I must have some sort of conflict on my system as every time I try to use winavi, it just quits the program and can't recognise the DVD burner.

I had a similar problem burning +R discs even though the box of the burner said it supported all formats. I had to take it back in the end and it didn't burn +Rs, the box was wrong which is a bit bizarre!

i had the same problem a few years ago now and i had to update the firmware for my burner and that did the trick hope this helps

Back