Converting PS1 titles to PSP

Ice coffee

Inactive User
Reaction score
As per the title, anyone know how it is done !!

Thanks in advance

thanks and sorry, I did a search for "PSX PSP" and "PS1 PSP" and nothing came up !!!

I just cant get this working, so far

I have ripped a .img file of odd world to a .pbp file using Popstationgui
copied the seplugins folder to the root of my memcard, with the .prx files that I ripped out of an official ver 3.03 eboot.pbp ( I also appended 301 to the end of the filenames of the PRX files)
I have been and enabled the pops plugin in my recovery menu and changed my kernel to 1.50 from 3.10 !!!

and I still get the corrupted data symbol for oddworld on my memcard ???? and it does not work :(

Can you convert any PS1 game to the PSP or does it only work with certain titles?

Can you convert any PS1 game to the PSP or does it only work with certain titles?

im sure there is 1 or 2 that dont work propperly but i think the biggest majority of them will.

tbh mate i cant see why you are messing about with all those files and pluggins.

i take it you on SE custom firmware and not OE?

anyway how i do it:

rip the psx disc using alcohol120% to a ISO file or what ever you use.

load the ISO file into this simple popstation gui

select the output folder the converted ISO will be saved to

i mess about customizing the game boot screen etc but not really needed if you dont mind all you ps1 games with the hot shots2 boot screen.

select the game title from the drop down list if its there.

hit go
it will make a EBOOT and KEYS file's to the directory you have choosen to save to.

when all is done make a new folder and name it like oddworld.
put the EBOOT & KEYS file's into this new folder then put the folder in the PSP/GAME directory on your PSP's memory stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
im running 3.10 OE-A , what is SE firmware and do I need it or will it run on 3.10 OE-A, I have also managed to extract AND decrypt the pops ans popsman files from official 3.11 !!

im waaayyyyy past that tutorial !! that was the first thing I did, before I found out that I needed the popstation plugin, then enabled the plugin in the recovery menu, then loaded on the pops, and popsman file from firmware 3.03 and also the pops and popsman file from 3.11, all of which is not covered in the tutorial.

that was the first thing I did, before I found out that I needed the popstation plugin, then enabled the plugin in the recovery menu, then loaded on the pops, and popsman file from firmware 3.03 and also the pops and popsman file from 3.11, all of which is not covered in the tutorial.

why do you want all those? the plugins? the popsman file? etc..... not needed mate, thats why there not in the tut.

3.10oe-a will run PSX games without pugins and that, well mine does/did anyway.

all you do is put the EBOOT & KEYS file's in a folder and stick that folder in the GAME directory on your PSP.

Job done!

wow that so does not work for me !!! ok I will try a different game, and I will disable and remove the plugin !! thanks for all your help by the way !!!

wow that so does not work for me !!! ok I will try a different game, and I will disable and remove the plugin !! thanks for all your help by the way !!!

no problem mate.

if the conversion works ok then it should work aslong as your putting your EBOOT AND KEY files in the correct place.
ive never needed any plugins to play PSX games.

like i said the 2 files go in there own folder and that folder goes in the GAME folder.

as an example of my psx oddworld back up: PSP / GAME / oddworld / eboot & keys

good luck mate.

Ive just turned my PSP on it says System Software Version 2.80
Would ps1 games be compatible with this?

Ive just turned my PSP on it says System Software Version 2.80
Would ps1 games be compatible with this?
no mate.
you need to downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade to custom firmware by dark alex.

3.40OE-A is the latest custom FW.

Last edited:
well you were quite right, I ripped an original CD as a .ISO file instead of my D/L oddworld .IMG file and it worked sort of, it came up with a propper logo and when I started the game (driver 2) it tried to read from the memory card but just stayed on a black screen!! but at least im getting somewhere.

Big thanks

Back