CD & DVD converting and burning a film in rar format

dont do it it"ll hurt

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i got converting and burning a film with help from baaheeduk ( thanks for advice and help m8 ( you know what i mean )
i have downloaded a film when i got to the folder with that film in it is full of rar files and when i try to extract i get errors this and that
any ideas on what to do with this type of film have looked for a tut but cannot find one
thanks in advance

hi i use alzip to unzip and unrar files when doing this make sure you click all files and it should be fine.
The errors might be because the rar files are corrupt,or incomplete

try using quickpar to repair the files as when you dl you should get some par 2 files which when you open with quickpar they will repair your rar files then you need to extract them

hi m8 if the first rar file don't open the rar is fooked mate so bin it and tri a dif one

well mate like i told you if the first rar file dont open then its no good mate have fun lol

Right click the first rar file and extract, if this is not working does it ask for a password ? If not as other people have said the file is more than likely corrupt...

Last edited:
dont do it it"ll hurt said:
thats it you 2 lost me
i have 31 rar files and 19 r files and a sfv file
if that means anything to you

The important file you have is the sfv file, SFV is an abbreviation for simple file verification. if you use some software like quicksfv with this file it will tell you which of your archives are corrupt.

PARity or par files do the same thing as SFV files, in addition they can also repair/ reconstruct damaged data. Most people use quickpar for this. Obviously since no par files were posted, you cannot repair the archives, with this method.

You can try downloading the damaged archives again or try getting the person who provided the files to create and send a few par files to repair the damaged archives. If the first file is damaged and there are no pars etc you are snookered.

i have a similar problem, when i unrar the files it leaves an img file, a bit like a dbox img file, how can i burn this using nero so i can watch the movie on a normal dvd player, when i opt for the open with nero, nero dosn't understand the file format. can anybody help? thanks

The choice for burning images is surprisingly ImgBurn. It provides better burns than nero and is free (unless you want to make a donation). It may be free, but it burns images way better than nero.

I thought nero could burn IMg files?

The choice for burning images is surprisingly ImgBurn. It provides better burns than nero and is free (unless you want to make a donation). It may be free, but it burns images way better than nero.

I thought nero could burn IMg files?

i think nero can burn img files but for some reason i cant get it to burn as a dvd to watch on a normal dvd player, i'll try that imgburn and see how that goes. thanks for the link blackbeard.

Hi - useing nero

open nero

close the first box that opens

click recorder [there should be file ,edit view etc at the top of the page]

then burn image , a box will appear, find the image of the film, if you find the image of the film change at the bottom of that box where it sais files of type to image files this will show you images only.

double click the image in the box then burn, i burn at 4 speed even thoe its a bit slower i never get a bad burn.

hope this helps

enjoy your film :Cheers:

Nero wont burn IMG files you first have to rename the file from .img to .iso
then burn iso as above,
Personally I use both nero and imgburn But I only use nero if I'm
using DVD+ discs and want to bitset them to dvd-rom

Hi

It will burn image files i have done hundreds, do it all the time .

open nero

close the first box that opens

click recorder [there should be file ,edit view etc at the top of the page]

then burn image , a box will appear, find the image of the film, if you find the image of the film change at the bottom of that box where it sais files of type to image files this will show you images only.

double click the image in the box then burn, i burn at 4 speed even thoe its a bit slower i never get a bad burn.

hope this helps

enjoy your film :Cheers:

Thanks! did exactly as you said and burned the .img file, put it in the dvd player, plays perfectly. fantastic, cheers :Cheers:

One of those situations when you are both right, IMG is an ISO format.
You can actually use the nero API with another tool called ImgTools, here's and old review.

The unfortunate thing about nero like most apps it has become bloatware. I used to sing the praises of nero all the time, unfortunately, each new release adds new features, but burns worse. There are quite a few people like me in some of the other forums I inhabit, sticking with the old nero version 5/6 for simple stability and quality.

One of those situations when you are both right, IMG is an ISO format.
You can actually use the nero API with another tool called ImgTools, here's and old review.

The unfortunate thing about nero like most apps it has become bloatware. I used to sing the praises of nero all the time, unfortunately, each new release adds new features, but burns worse. There are quite a few people like me in some of the other forums I inhabit, sticking with the old nero version 5/6 for simple stability and quality.
quite true blackbeard ! i very seldom use nero now certainly not the newer versions i use img burn or convertxtodvd or winimage these three seem to cover everything

Back