CD & DVD Conversion Program

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

I'm looking for a conversion prog that i can que films to convert and select a folder to save the converted file to

is there such a pro?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Think I understand what you're looking for (but I'm only a thick Morton fan.....) WinAVI does a batch convert that might fit the bill.
HH.

Morton fans aint that bad mate ;) lol

I'm using WinAVI just now to do a single film at a time, how do i set it up to do a ton of films?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Morton fans aint that bad mate ;) lol

I'm using WinAVI just now to do a single film at a time, how do i set it up to do a ton of films?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I'm on V7.6, when I open it the 2nd icon from the left does 'batch media file convert!', tell it which ones, where to & off it goes. Did 3 before for me, not sure if there's a limit, gotta be worth a play.
All the best in Europe,
HH.

I'm on 6.3 so i'll have to go and have a wee dig around for 7.6 then

thanks mate

Europe, if we get to the group stages i'll be over the moon

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

just pulled v8 off the net and i've seen how to set it up

Thanks mate rep duly added :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

How do you add subs in when your using programs like WinAvi? jsut when converting a single film

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

How do you add subs in when your using programs like WinAvi? jsut when converting a single film

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Never used WinAVI for it but if you're converting to DVD hit the advanced button near the bottom of the screen & point it towards your sub file, I guess?
Good Luck,
HH.

& thanks for the rep, appreciate it.

clicked on advanced but cant see anything to add in subs

just have to dl a copy that has the subs in it to start with :)

Thanks again mate, rep was derserved

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

set the file to be converted to dvd, hit the advanced button should see 3 tabs, choose encode & you should see this screen. IF (I'm guessing here I've never tried it & don't have a movie with subs handy) the subs file is in the same folder & is correctly named I expect you should be able to pick it using 'source subtitle stream'. Hope so anyway, apologies if no good.
HH

cheers mate i never seen that before

thanks again mate al try it later :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i fancy a new and shiny quad core cpu will this speed up winavi at all?

just took 36mins and that was on a dual core E4500 with 2gb of pc6400 ram

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I read somewhere recently (but can't find it again:blushing::blushing:) somebody reckoned a 90min avi converted to dvd using an all-singing & dancing system in 16mins......Thought that was kinda quick but if you're already 36mins I guess it's believable.
HH.

36 mins was for converting a HD film to normal dvd lol and the quality is still as good i couldn't believe it

it normally takes me 13 mins to convert a 750mb flm to DVD which is good enough for me, but i'm trying to justify a quad core and water cooling lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

just a little tip when u want to convert more than 1 AVI using WINAVI instead of using BATCH all i do is press Cltrl and highlight 1 2 or 3 films and then just add them as normal it will do same as opening batch and adding them does same job

Back