Controlling a remote PC

XDbox2

Inactive User
Reaction score
My young nephew got hold of an old PC With XP on it, I've been roped in to provide tech support, I need to install drivers on the machine without travelling to his house. He has a dodgy copy of xp on it so I assume windows remote desktop support wont work.

Anyone know of any freeware remote control software I can use to download and isnatll the drivers ?

My young nephew got hold of an old PC With XP on it, I've been roped in to provide tech support, I need to install drivers on the machine without travelling to his house. He has a dodgy copy of xp on it so I assume windows remote desktop support wont work.

Anyone know of any freeware remote control software I can use to download and isnatll the drivers ?
can you not get him to request remote assistance with msn m8
or get him wga killer or look in downloads something there defo m8

He's out at the moment watching the football, Il try the remote assistance in msn before I try anything else.

You should be fine with Remote ass on msn messenger it should not be effected with the dodgy copy so long as he has a working internet connection and he is not blocking msn messenger with a firewall or alike.

Free Remote Software

i always use this mate.....link below...hope it helps
www.crossloop.com
CrossLoop is a FREE secure screen sharing utility designed for people of all technical skill levels. CrossLoop extends the boundaries of VNC's traditional screen sharing by enabling non-technical users to get connected from anywhere on the Internet in seconds without changing any firewall or router settings. It only takes a few minutes to setup and no signup is required

: multi : LFC

if you have a fixed ip you can try using ultravnc's single click. It allows you to create a .exe which is initiated by the user and it then connects his screen to your vnc viewer. Its a little complex to initially setup (but well documented) as you have to do all the work but its free and works really good. see here: http://www.uvnc.com/addons/singleclick.html

Back