Consoles - Someone has a lot of time!

Love the background game tunes, the Mickey mouse megadrive brought back memories of My first game completed on it.

I watched the linked video at the end where he debunks some of the troll comments calling it a "virgin dungeon" LOL. Turns out he's about 40 and married.

I've only got two consoles, an Atari 2600 from my cousins, which saw a good level of Pac-Man in the 80s and a friend-donated PS1 which I probably need to clean up. Re-greasing the LU mechanism was sometimes all that was needed for disk read errors on those.

I'd like more retro stuff but I'm not paying eBay prices as I'm an opportunist collector. A friend of mine found a MegaDrive with Golden Axe for £10 in a second hand shop. He then proceeded to practice Golden Axe so that he could complete it without losing an energy bar. I'm sure that was during the final year at uni...

I still have some of my favourite megadrive carts and megacds, but no systems sadly :)

Edit, I still have a box of unopened spectrum cassettes :)

I was watching this youtube a couple of days ago, found it really interesting.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was watching this youtube a couple of days ago, found it really interesting.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've watched some of his content :).

I got this channel offered a couple of weeks ago, quite technical in terms of the programming aspects but very interesting to hear how the hardware of earlier consoles were exploited.

GameHut

Ive still got a Atari 2600 with carts and cables I think, but don't think ive got a working joystick

I remember taking a photo as a kid of my score on cops n robbers to enter for a competition, retro gaming classic. ive got about 10 games, ill never use it though lol

I've still got spetrum 48k and 128k, sega mega drives and sega game gear, playstation ones chipped. Got kempston joysticks, for spectrum and the snapshot that you pushed the button on the back and it froze the game and allowed you the make copies.

I sadly have none of my old console’s left. I always used to flog them to buy the next new one out. I recently found the original Xbox chipped with about a hundred games on the internal hard drive on top of a wardrobe. I gave to my neighbors grandson. My neighbor looked more pleased than the lad.

I have a messiah chipped ps2 somewhere, but most of the 600+ games I had burned on cd's have gone now.

I also have a PS3 fat USA 60gb and a uk ps3 slim on cfw3.55 and an xbox360 slim somewhere with about 35 games.

Back in the day I went through Snes's and Megadrives like no tomorrow, had all 3 versions of each (Jap, Usa and UK) as I was always swapping them for something, in the end I sold my Snes to buy my first satellite setup.

I also used to have a turbo-grafix16 (pc-engine) and an Atari Jaguar that I bought brand new for £90 and sold 2 hours later for £200 lol.

Currently have a Nes Mini, Snes Mini and an Xbox One X.

Back