Connection problems to DBOX2

nas171

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok.. Problem occured!

I cant connect to the DBOX2. Normally i connect to the box via the ethernet connection.
Bought a new box and when i put the cables in nothing happens. Even on the PC it doesnt show the DBOX to be connected. I have tried all the cable options without any progress.

I normally use Flash FXP, but I cant use this with just the null modem cable by itself.

SO my question is... Is the network card on the DBOX faulty? How can I test it?

2) Can I connect to my DBOX just via the null modem cable? and what software do I need to do this?

Any help would be appreciated!

what image is on the box at present
have you checked the ip of the box is in the same range as your
pc network card.

You should carry out the basic network connectivity tests.

First, get the IP and subnet of the dbox. If it is not in the same range as your PC, then change it. Restart the dbox.

From a command prompt on your PC, type ping <IP addy of dbox>. If you don't get a positive response back, check the duplex setting of the pc (try 10 half-duplex), and then ping again.

Barring the wrong or faulty cable, then you amy have a problem with the dbox nic (unlikely though).

Xssacutor said:
You should carry out the basic network connectivity tests.

First, get the IP and subnet of the dbox. If it is not in the same range as your PC, then change it. Restart the dbox.

From a command prompt on your PC, type ping <IP addy of dbox>. If you don't get a positive response back, check the duplex setting of the pc (try 10 half-duplex), and then ping again.

Barring the wrong or faulty cable, then you amy have a problem with the dbox nic (unlikely though).

Thanks for the reply,

The IP ranges are in the public ranges of 192.
It had Yadi image on it currently.
As soon as I connect it to my Pc it should still read it as being connected , even though there are problems. I dont get any sign to signal that the nic has recognised the box.

I have tried to ping it and it comes up unreachable. Tried the network test on the box and it says the DNS and gateway are unreachable. Im guessing its not recognising the connection at all!

do you get a light on on the network card when you connect it? does it say network unplugged when you unplug it? are you definately using a crossover/twisted cable? stupid question but that mistake does get made, try using this ip address for the card 192.168.1.2

If you have connected to boxes before but cant now did you use same ip on both boxes and pc, if so it sounds like your boxes network card is faulty.
If possible try another dbox if it connects to that with same ip on each box it will confirm.

Back