Connecting freeview to vcr/dvd problem

edd

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I am trying to set up a toshiba LCD tv (cant remember the model number) with built in freeview.

The problem im having is getting freeview on the vcr/dvd player
dont understand how it is done without a seperate box as the freeview tunner is inside
So how do you guys that all ready have one of these tvs with built in free view do it ?
Need to get this fixed cause if i dont the person im doing it for is going to call out an enginerr and they charge 40 quid call out charge : shocked2

Cheers for any help

Ed

that just give you a picture of where to put the wires
i know where they go
the prob is getting the frreview signal from the tunner inside the tv to go to the vcr/dvd so that freeview can be recorded
at the moment the mai attena connects to the back of the vcr then the vcr connects to the tv via coax and a scart

Ed

it is tuned in getting all the channels

i want to be able to record freeview on my dvd/vcr but the vcr/dvd is only picking up analog signals because the freeview decoder is in the tv
There must be a way to do it

Ed

its a toshiba i will get in touch with the person to get model numbers

I dont know if you have the manuals for setting up the VRC/dvd combo
but heres a link,
hope this helps ya out, if not one of the A/V Gurus will be sort it out for ya

cheers Edd

http://www.home-entertainment.toshiba.co.uk/consumer/products.nsf/manuals?openview&restricttocategory=<!--dvd-->&section=support

I think its a matter of choosing the input on the vcr/dvd recorders - should probably be AV1 or AV2.

Look at what scart socket on the recorder goes to the TV. Usually called AV1 (or 2) or Ext 1 (or 2). Make sure that the corresponding socket on the TV has <--> and not just ->. Then just record from the right socket on the recorder.

Even if you can get it hooked up correctly they will probably have to leave the TV on the station that they want to record. Not great. Some TVs let you set the output mode of AV2 - you can set it to DVB and this lets you watch analogue whilst recording digital. The TV still has to be on though. The real answer is a recorder with intergrated freeview or a standalone box just for recording from.

Last edited:
Back