CD & DVD Connecting DVD recorder,vcr, freeview,etc.

hamba

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've just bought the liteon 5006 dvd recorder, as recommended by Reddevil.

What I need is advice on connecting everything up. So far I have freeview box, vcr and tv connected. What is the best way to add in the dvd - where should it come in the chain?

I also bought myself a 4 to 1 scart selector so I also need to use that.

:Cheers:

m8,how many scart sockets has ya tv,freeview,vcr,dvd recorder

hamba said:
tv: 1, freeview: 2, vcr: 2, dvd: 2.

Do u want to record fom the vcr to the dvd recorder or just watch the vcr

hamba said:
tv: 1, freeview: 2, vcr: 2, dvd: 2.

i would go vcr to dvd to freeview to the tv. then which ever one you switch on should just cut in. thats the way i got mine set up but without the vcr.
so when im watching tele and turn the dvd on there is no need to do anything as it just ocmes on automaticly.
the only thing i wouldnt know about is the recording though using that set up as me tv has a harddrive in it so i never need to worry about that.
hope it works for you though.
steve.

steve69 said:
i would go vcr to dvd to freeview to the tv. then which ever one you switch on should just cut in. thats the way i got mine set up but without the vcr.
so when im watching tele and turn the dvd on there is no need to do anything as it just ocmes on automaticly.
the only thing i wouldnt know about is the recording though using that set up as me tv has a harddrive in it so i never need to worry about that.
hope it works for you though.
steve.

if he goes dvd to freeview then he will not be able to record freeviw

sorry yes u should go vcr to freeview to dvd to tele then u could record from the freeview. my mistake sorry.
just swap and change um to see how u want the setup i would, like if u wanted to record on the dvd or the vcr. all trial and error thats the way i do it.

I have tried lots of combinations and nothing is perfect although the way I have it now is sort of ok:-

freeview scart tv out > video av2, video av1 > dvdr in, dvdr out > tv.

Freeview box alsohas scart vcr out which I used to have connect to vid av2 and the freeview tv out was connected to the single tv scart.

I bought a 4 - 1 powered scart selector but for some reason the dvdr output is degraded when I use this (very pale and washed out - fuzzy menu screen) - freeview box and vcr seem to work fine through it - any ideas why this should be?

your tv is the problem need one with at least 2 scarts and video audio in so you can select either av1 av2 av3

but you could try resetting video output channel need small screwdriver to adjust there is a tiny hole on back of video to set output channel

RABP said:
there is a tiny hole on back of video to set output channel

On some VCRs output channel is adjusted electronically via onscreen menu.

My main problem now is that the dvdr overides the tv output. My freeview box allows me to switch between the two.

So can't watch one and record another. I thought the scart selector would sort this but, as I said, the dvdr signal is degraded to unwatchable through the selector (ferguson fav-100).

Thanks for all your help guys and to reddevil for your pm's.

I've decided to return it - there are a few other niggles I have, like noise; and when I was googling around for info I found some posts about the liteon that have got me worried.

I'm a bit stressed out at the moment, because my wife is quite ill, and it's a bad time for making decisions; so I think I will put off buying anything until my mind is a bit clearer.

Back