connecting dm500c to network

fisal

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello

i have a wireless network, and was just wondering how i get my dreambox to pick it up

do i just put an ethernet cable from the dreambox to router, then how do i know the dreambox is on my network

can you give me any help, because everytime i want to flash, i have to use the null modem cable, and also i would like to edit my channels.thanks

hello

i have a wireless network, and was just wondering how i get my dreambox to pick it up

do i just put an ethernet cable from the dreambox to router, then how do i know the dreambox is on my network

can you give me any help, because everytime i want to flash, i have to use the null modem cable, and also i would like to edit my channels.thanks

Yes you can plug your ethernet cable into your router (this would not be wireless)

Whats your PC IP address and whats your Dreambox IP address?

you will have to set the dreambox ip address that correspond to the router. ie is the router default ip address is 192.168.2.1 then your dreambox will have to be 192.168.2.2 or you can put any digit at the last one as long as its within the range on the router.

what ever the ip address of your pc is make the one on your dreambox change the end digit to some thing else

example if your pc is

pc 192.168.1.100

dreambox 192.168.1.101

you will have to set the dreambox ip address that correspond to the router. ie is the router default ip address is 192.168.2.1 then your dreambox will have to be 192.168.2.2 or you can put any digit at the last one as long as its within the range on the router.

sorry m8 didnt see your post lol

dreambox ip is

my setup is

Router 192.168.0.1

PC 192.168.0.2

Dreambox 192.168.0.5

Connect dreambox to router.

On PC press start, run

type:- cmd

Type:- ping 192.168.0.5

The PC should be talking to your dreambox

Give it a try m8