Connect a xbox 360 controller to a samsung TV

You connect the wired controller to your pc fusion. The games will be running from the pc anyway.
I use Steam link for another reason but always found a slight lag in games even with a wired connection straight to the router.

Its ok, just read that he connected the xbox 360 controller to the TV via a cable, if i want wireless capability then I think i need a bluetooth gamepad.

I use Steam link for another reason but always found a slight lag in games even with a wired connection straight to the router.

Just out of curiosity, if i connected the TV by 5ghz with a strong signal that has to be better than a router connected to a a gigabyte powerline adapter connected to another router then to a cable modem surely? Less Hops on route?

The tv can't play xbox games so can't see why or how he could connect a controller to it. The Steam Link app for the tv just accepts a game streamed from your pc which must also have Steam running.
It is also handy in that it will display anything on your tv that is displayed on your pc. I pay for GolfTV and use Steam Link to display it on my tv in HD.

The speed bottleneck will be in the tv set I should imagine. There is a hell of a lot of data to be transferred for modern games with high settings. I have never tried streaming with slightly lowered settings, mine are currently on Ultra.
I'll give it a try tomorrow and report back :D

Just tried Ghost Recon Wildlands and there wasn't really a noticeable lag fus10n, it's been quite a while since I used the app for that purpose. That was on Ultra settings btw

The tv can't play xbox games so can't see why or how he could connect a controller to it. The Steam Link app for the tv just accepts a game streamed from your pc which must also have Steam running.

Samsung TVs have a new Steam Link streaming app that works shockingly well

Last week I plugged an Xbox 360 controller into my Samsung KS8000 TV and started playing PC games on it
NDfWaYLyfeDxHh9CKoovr5-650-80.jpg

I'm just a typical scotsman and if i can get life out my old 360 controllers i'm damned well gonna try

Can't read the link Fus10n as I use an adblocker.

"Last week I plugged an Xbox 360 controller into my Samsung KS8000 TV and started playing PC games on it"

Does this mean that when he installed the Steam Link app it also magically installed a state of the art graphics card, a huge hard drive for storage and changed the tv os to windows?

I've been using Steam Link for over 2 years mate. Believe me there is no way to use it on your tv without streaming from your pc. It just isn't possible.

Yeah i don't dispute that i still need a pc. I already use the steam link device, just this new app takes away the need for the need for the device.

Did you get your 360 controller to work on the tv? the steam link app on the Samsung telly looks decent!

Did you get your 360 controller to work on the tv? the steam link app on the Samsung telly looks decent!

He had it connected to his TV via a cable. I've not looked further in to it than that.

Back