confused?

D1GG3R

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
right im thinking of buying a dm500s for the caravan... been looking for info, but its a bit confusing..

what chans can i expect to get via one of these?
is it like the 500c? new image and away you go?
will a standard dish work?
or will i ne to get one of these motorised thingybobs?

i have seen something about a new emu for uk s*y that allows the full pack posted on another site... however it was quickly removed! ?

can anyone point me in the right direction for a caravan setup..?

any help would be welcome and very much appreceated ;)

cheers
DiGG

First of all, I very much doubt there's a new emu that can decode Sky.

Regarding the DM500S, pretty much the same as the DM500C only you use a satellite image.

You are only going to get FTA channels no matter what satellite you point the dish at (and FTA doesn't mean Freeview). You can use mgcamd to open certain packages (Premiere, TPS, D+, etc) but you would have to update the keys regularly (sometimes twice daily) and you would need to access the forum to get the keys and I doubt you would have an internet connection in a caravan.

You would need to reposition the dish if you move to different sites but you shouldn't have that problem if it's for a static caravan.

Sky actually do a package for situations like this, dish + receiver + card for x amount, can't remember how much it costs or what channels you get but my parents have it for their static caravan. The usual 1-5, the odd movie channel and the odd music channels, not much sports...the golf channel I think.

You can check what channels are FTA at kingofsat.net.

Last edited:
erm... just an update... i bought one of those FTA Satellite systems from lidl last year, but never used it... would this get the same channels?

Back