Confused on which solderless bundle I need to order

Midnight Tboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
heya there,

ok so I bought my Wii today (£150 on offer at Asda Living stores at the moment). I've had plenty experience with modding 360s (but just soft flashes etc)

I'm now just looking at the different modchips and my mind is blowing a gasket It doesnt help when things like D2Pro9 and D2CPro etc are so similarly named.

I hope you can clear up a few things for me that keep throwing me off course.

1. I checked the Wii Tracker database and with my serial number (starting LEH1957) and I get

"There is a 50% chance that your drive chip is a GC2-D2C

There is a 50% chance that the pins on your drive chip are not cut."

So that's not too accurate for me. Does this mean that its 50/50 to be a D2C and a D2B or 50/50 a D2C or a D2C2?? As this seems to determine strongly which chip I might need. So does this mean I MUST open up my case first to determine exactly which it is (something I didnt want to do as dont yet have a triwing and was going to get one at same time as ordering the chip (which I cant do not knowing exactly which version it is ) especially as there's the likes of the d2pro9 v2 and v3 and will be stuffed if order the wrong one

2. I'm wanting to go the solderless route, as my hands are way too shaky from too much squinting when a youth . I believe that if I'm correct then I'll need to either get a D2Pro9 (9 wire version) or Argon as the main option. Now theres a couple of guys websites (wii-repairs and 360upgrades), but they're offering bundles of the chip with the wii clip in various forms. Would I be correct in thinking that these are also presoldered onto the wiiclip already so only have to do the attaching? Now the thing that throws me off course, is a) for the wasabi chip it states that still need to solder 1 wire to the Wii, and b) it offers a choice of wire and/or solder to purchase with the kit. Why would that be needed if its solderless?

I was going to pay 75 to get a shop up in middlesbrough to mod this for me with solder, but they're not a very trustworthy shop, and also it seems from reading that these clips are probably more stable than the solderless methods in the old xbox1s so it'll be better to go this route I think

oh and lastly, is it worth getting the argon over the d2pro9 as I know thats meant to be fully programmable with a jtag (presuming it can be completely solderless for me too on mainboard)

hope you guys can help so I can get ordering

cheers

Argon = Coding is more 'reverse engineering of D2Pro's code

D2Pro = JTAG updateable, but they never release the important JTAG updates ;)

You have D2C2 and I still suggest using D2Pro or Wasabi.

Wasabi will work if it is D2E which there is a minor chance it is

I just got a few D2Sun's in and although cheap they seem to do the job very well.

lol was this shop called AD computers by any chance?

if it is then they are a rip off....lol

It is of course :)

Have tried to avoid them since after psx1's getting chipped there in the day....not the cheapest place by a long stretch either. Mind, I've heard it may have since changed hands since the days I used to go there.

Anyhows, ordered D2pro9 v2 which touch wood should be fine. With the wiiclip and presoldered of course :)

Had a feeble attempt at opening the case last night while watching the video, all looks pretty straight forward, just have to be careful not to catch and snap any bits in the process :)

Back