Config names for sb3100i please

kyle

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi does anyon know the current Config names for sb3100i please

try this one are kid:

cmreg-mota4100-bund03.cm

Cheers english but have a few questions m8, if im using a mac with config file of: sb4100-mid.cm can i just change the config file to bund03 or does the mid.cm corrispond with the mac addy im using?

reason i ask is that it works when im using the mid.cm (2.66Mbs)but cant seem to get it to work on the bundle03.cm.

Thanks as always m8

Ky

Last edited:
Cheers english but have a few questions m8, if im using a mac with config file of: sb4100-mid.cm can i just change the config file to bund03 or does the mid.cm corrispond with the mac addy im using?

reason i ask is that it works when im using the mid.cm (2.66Mbs)but cant seem to get it to work on the bundle03.cm.

Thanks as always m8

Ky

if ur entering it like this bundle03.cm then is not gonna work ther is no le in it ( cmreg-mota4100-bund03.cm) if it still doesnt work then try cmreg-mota4100-high.cm see if that works

if ur entering it like this bundle03.cm then is not gonna work ther is no le in it ( cmreg-mota4100-bund03.cm) if it still doesnt work then try cmreg-mota4100-high.cm see if that works

what kind of speeds can you expect from a 3100? and can i use a 120/250 config file on a mota?

Cheers Kyle

and ive tried the cmreg-mota4100-high.cm and that just gives me

Maximum Download Speed 3072000 bps
Maximum Upload Speed 300000 bps

so going back to bund03, would it be any use trying a different mac addy?

Last edited:
what kind of speeds can you expect from a 3100? and can i use a 120/250 config file on a mota?

Cheers Kyle

and ive tried the cmreg-mota4100-high.cm and that just gives me

Maximum Download Speed 3072000 bps
Maximum Upload Speed 300000 bps

so going back to bund03, would it be any use trying a different mac addy?

i dont think u can get 10 from 3100 maybe 7,8mb but dont forget @ this time of the day ur not gonna get max speed and the best way test ur speed is to download from microsoft.com get something thats about 20mb

i dont think u can get 10 from 3100 maybe 7,8mb but dont forget @ this time of the day ur not gonna get max speed and the best way test ur speed is to download from microsoft.com get something thats about 20mb

ive tried downloading from usenet newsgroups and im getting only 2.71Mbps which would point towards a 3mb config although my config is bund03 and is showing on my hack page as:

Maximum Download Speed 10240000 bps
Maximum Upload Speed 512000 bps

i get nothing like 7-8mb any suggestions?

Thanks ky

if thats what it says thats what it is

as gentlex said m8 the 3100 isn't up to much u should have got a 4200 or modded a 250 m8. not having a 3100 myself nor done one i can't really speak for it ;(

there isn't a 3 meg config in our area

if thats what it says thats what it is

as gentlex said m8 the 3100 isn't up to much u should have got a 4200 or modded a 250 m8. not having a 3100 myself nor done one i can't really speak for it ;(

there isn't a 3 meg config in our area

Ive got a 4100 m8 are they any good?

yea the 4100 will get ya 10meg m8 no problem ;)

better than a 3100 mate, you ought to get full speeds with that

also make sure in ur fibrecoax page that the modem isn't pulling the default config for the mac ;)

nice one, ill let you know how i get on

ive tried downloading from usenet newsgroups and im getting only 2.71Mbps which would point towards a 3mb config although my config is bund03 and is showing on my hack page as:

i get nothing like 7-8mb any suggestions?

Thanks ky

could be wrong but i dont think ther is a 512 upload just 384 but like i said i could be wrong other that have u tried high.cm or just maybe
cmreg-ntlhm120-bund03.cm or even this cmreg-ntlhm4100-bund03.cm u never
know

yeah will have a play about with that later thanx m8

Im trying to use netboot for my 4100i and am getting the error:

Sending reset request...unknown error

this is the firmware currently on the modem:

Software Version: SB4100-4.0.6-SCM-NOSHELL
Hardware Version: 0
MIB Version: II
GUI Version: 1.0
VxWorks Version: 5.3

can anyone tell me if this is locked firmware or not please

Ky

we get 512 upload here with 10meg gentlex

have u downloaded the Haynes Cable Modem Guide 1.6.2 kyle? It has a list of locked/unlocked firmware's in it. If it's locked you will need to jtag it (i think someone correct me if i'm wrong)

just looked and that firmware appears to be unlocked

bund03 is 10 meg down and 500k up. The SB3100 is capable of 10 meg at the HFC stage, but it only has a 10baseT ethernet connection, so you will only get around 7 meg max.

If you have locked firmware, you should get as far as the FTP server starting in netboot - if it doesn't get that far, you have a different problem, most likely the network IP address not set properly or a firewall blocking something.

we get 512 upload here with 10meg gentlex

have u downloaded the Haynes Cable Modem Guide 1.6.2 kyle? It has a list of locked/unlocked firmware's in it. If it's locked you will need to jtag it (i think someone correct me if i'm wrong)

just looked and that firmware appears to be unlocked

looks like it to me, if u fancy a challenge try the bitfile method it can be quite quick if u understand it....hey english just change my config to see if 512 is available yet in my area and the answer is a big fat no oh'well probablely get it when the 20mb rolls out in june.

thanks guys for all your advice ill play around a bit and let you know

Back