conecting wirelessly to the dbox

I can stream to my pc upstairs through a wireless connection. The easiest way is to install Cryos Sportster Pro image as the web interface allows you to watch and record through internet explorer.
You need to install VLC and tick the ActiveX control when you install it.
Then type in the IP for your dbox in internet explorer and the web interface comes up. Click on "live" and you should be able to watch whatever the dbox is tuned to. Be warned, dont try to change the channel while streaming as this doesn't go down too well with the web interface.

Sorry guys, i have been trying all day with little success, my wireless setup works without fault, i can surf the internet successfully with the default settings on my router and my settings being auto assigned on my laptop, i can stream from and connect to my dbox wirelessly (thanks 2 u lot) using the settings from ivorhooper on page one, but when i enter the settings onto my setup i lose the ability to connect to the net, my router still says it is connected but when i type an address in it just says the page is unavalable, now am i misunderstood in thinking that i can connect to my dbox and use the internet on the same connection at the same time. Really need to work this out as i am losing precious hours of TV time trying to sort this out
Bit of a long post but i am gonna :Chainsaw: someone soon
Thank y0u all

Oh i missed something out (LOL), when i have the default settings and can connect to the internet i cannot connect to my dbox
PLEASE HELP:'(

I can stream VIa Web interface too but it is hit and miss. 9/10 times it won't work.

Wingrab and VLC NEVER Fail to stream and I can change channel WITHOUT screwing up the software or box.

ivorhooper said:
My setup is as follows:

<snip>

On the dbox, use these network settings
IP=192.168.1.100
subnet mask=255.255.255.0
Broadcast=192.168.1.100
DNS server=192.168.1.1
Default gateway=192.168.1.1

<snip>

Shouldn't the Broadcast addy be 192.168.1.255?

whats needed

just got my dbox and i want to set up on a wirless connection to my pc could anyone let me know what i need to get
i dont have a nextwork setup at all
do i need to get a router as i just want to link my pc to dbox for mp3 and video streaming. Oh and easy flashing too

m4rky said:
just got my dbox and i want to set up on a wirless connection to my pc could anyone let me know what i need to get
i dont have a nextwork setup at all
do i need to get a router as i just want to link my pc to dbox for mp3 and video streaming. Oh and easy flashing too

I could do with some help with this aswell
I want a wireless connection as my pc is in my bedroom and the dbox in the living room and i dont want to have to run a wire through

So am i right on thinking that i need a new wireless router and then an adaptor for the dbox ?

Oh i am on telepest by the way if that helps any

Cheers for your help

Ed

Wireless Router or Access Point and a Wireless Bridge for the Dbox

edd said:
I could do with some help with this aswell
I want a wireless connection as my pc is in my bedroom and the dbox in the living room and i dont want to have to run a wire through

So am i right on thinking that i need a new wireless router and then an adaptor for the dbox ?

Oh i am on telepest by the way if that helps any

Cheers for your help

Ed

Have a look at this thread...this is my setup!

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?p=492437

I did a detailed write up on it as well few weeks back

I was going to invest in a wet54g and wait till I had some cash

but whoever said the dbox2 lan card runs at 10mbit has just opened my eyes pmsl, I dont need 54g

I already have the infrastructure in place with my wrt54g and sb5100 cable modem and long with my linux box [proftpd] apache] to save & stream movies

looks like the 802.11b bridge is the answer :)

Back