Condensation in Headlamp

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys hope you can help me.
Got quite bad condensation the the headlamp of my car, does anybody know of a way to get rid of that without taking the light out?
i've tried covering it with a blanket and having the full beam on for about 10 minutes to no avail.
its an audi a4, drivers side light.

have you recently changed the lights to custom ones?

nah all original.

How do i find out if there is a leak mate?

...well apart from the obvious of just looking at it lol cos it seems to look ok to my untrained eye

It could be a tiny weep in the seal mate, the only way is if you can split the lens from the casing, normally clips holding it in but you would have to remove the head lamp to do that :(

Then you could clean and check the seal apply a bit of grease and re assemble

It could be a tiny weep in the seal mate, the only way is if you can split the lens from the casing, normally clips holding it in but you would have to remove the head lamp to do that :(

Then you could clean and check the seal apply a bit of grease and re assemble

will do that in the weekend. them screws are well tight!

got a bulb out on the license plate bit but cant take the screw out cos some fecker has tried it before and gouged the star shape bit so now its just round!

try an allen key instead, if that doesnt work then your last resort would be trying a drillbit in reverse, if it bites it it may wind it out.

cheers mate. a garage told me if i cant get it out they can break it out and i could replace the part if i could get it.

lm lost now .. is it the head light u have a fault with or number plate lens

Thank God I'm not the only one that's puzzled!

(Go easy on the cheap plonk Seedy m8. It fries the brain cells)

Last edited:
lm lost now .. is it the head light u have a fault with or number plate lens

LOL!!! its all falling apart!!

nah headlight is steaming so will look at that during the weekend.

Second issue is number plate light is out but cant take the screw out.

Hi guys hope you can help me.
Got quite bad condensation the the headlamp of my car, does anybody know of a way to get rid of that without taking the light out?
i've tried covering it with a blanket and having the full beam on for about 10 minutes to no avail.
its an audi a4, drivers side light.

chuck a sachet of silica gel , inside the headlight. this is a 'fix' by one of the leading car manufacturers!:Clap:

Back