Computer Freezes with Wi-Fi

telsave

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi M8's I recently upgraded to 108mbs wireless for my 2 PC's and Lap Top. The main PC is ethernet connected to the wireless router (netgear DG834GT) My lap top is conencted via adapter (Netgear WG111T USB Adapater) they both work great. However my other PC in another room is connected via (Netgear WG311T) PCI Adapter. On connecting to the Internet this computer freezes after about 10-20mins and has to be rr#ebooted. I have checked and upgraded the drivers for the chip set and motherboard but no improvement.

Havee any of my brainy M8's any suggestions or could the PCI adapter be faulty?

:Cheers:

seeing as the model on the other computer is differt to the laptop ones maybe its not comptabile with it or you need to change its setting to the new router via going into its ip and configing it i had to do that for my beliking adaptor for my sat to internet conenction

hi footylad - I believe that both are compatible - not sure how you mean to re configure via ip. all settings appear to be same on Netgear wizardand pc accesses internet only to freezeas I say after 10-20 mins use.

telsave said:
hi footylad - I believe that both are compatible - not sure how you mean to re configure via ip. all settings appear to be same on Netgear wizardand pc accesses internet only to freezeas I say after 10-20 mins use.

ok reset is usally there is a reset button on the back of the reciever. you should get a default ip from that default like 192.168.*.225 for example then this needs pinging and if sucessful go on its on ur broswer http://192.168.*.225 then the conig emnu comes up and you put the information of they router in its settings and it should sort things. If in dobut phone or email the products help desks. Also is software was requiered for the product try reinstalling it as it may of had a error on initial setup

Regards

Footylad :)

Back