compressing interactive dvds ?

loady

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have an image of who wants to be a m illionaire interactive dvd, however the image is 6+ gb and i want to put it on to dvdr.....i am using dvd rebuilder to rencode it, i am not sure if what i am doing is feasable as dvd rebuilder seems to be acting very strangley, i just had to delete 24,000 files from the temp folder it creates.......anyone know if what i want to do is possible ??

what about dual layer dvd, i haven't tried one yet myself but it would fit on one

Not to sound rude, if i had a dual layer disc i would not be writing this......i got so many dvdr i dont really wanna go out and buy dl discs......i have other interactive dvd games that are on dvdr, wheter or not they were compressed before hand i dont know, maybe they fitted onto dvdr anyway.

thanks anyway

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do, do you want to back it up or make a playable copy?

It's a long shot but if you want a playable dvd then perhaps you could cut out some of the larger video clips, or edit them to decrease the size.

If you just want to back it up then you can rar it into any size.

never messed with these before, so prob no help at all.

Use a Shrink program. For Apple Mac I use DVD2One it shrinks a VIDEO_TS folder down to 4.3 GB.

I think DVD Shrink is a PC proggy.

I have used that before, what i am using is basically a professional version called cce used by the film industry, what you have to remeber is that this is not a film, its interactive game abd i am not sure the same would apply ?

Well I copied WWTBAM second Edition last year at it plays perfect. I think all they actually do is lower the quality of video clips, but not that you would notice with the naked eye. Also worked with Scene It and MGM's Screen Test.

I got Catchphrase and Bullseye too, but they weren't burned by me. But if they were over 4.5GB then I guess they were shrunk. All work fine.

Back