Complete wireless

dexyweescot

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have to previous experience but willing to learn. Going to delve into the CCTV market. Im looking for units to be completely wireless as cant be bothered running power lines. Also to have cloud function so I can access away from home or even abroad.

Blink XT2 Wireless Smart Camera System with 2 Cameras

These up to any good?

I know its a big ask for batteries.

I've installed some cameras recently but they where only £29.50 from eBay, pan, tilt and two way comms, takes a 128gb card and can access from anywhere via the app and it's on 24 hour record. The ones your looking at are no doubt getter quality.

i have a blink xt2 camera that i installed a month ago at my mom's house overlooking her driveway to keep an eye on things while she's out of the country. as long as you adjust the field of view of the camera (don't aim it at the street so it triggers on every person & car going by) and then in the blink app, you can select areas to mask off from motion sensing to reduce alerts and uploading. that saves the battery a lot. so far it's working well. mostly i get alerts caused by a neighborhood cat walking up the driveway.

I've had our camera up about 6 months and I've already caught 2 X sets of people coming into our cul-de-sac and trying all the car doors.

Thats what I end up buying. The Blink camera. Seems to work OK for now. Altho I need better wireless up the stairs for it to work a bit quicker.

Great feature how you can mask areas off.

Attachments

• camera.jpg
    camera.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 40
Does the remote access feature require port forwarding on your router/gateway?

No mate, Just plug and play. Well you install the app and connect it all to your network. Im a bit dunuious as it states 2 yrs for on a battery. Its 2 AA batteries lol. I take that with a pinch of salt but great for an easy setup.

It must port forward, probably uses uPnP to do it silently in the background unbeknown to you, unless the cams upload to the cloud and you connect to the cloud, much like Ring?

Thats what I end up buying. The Blink camera. Seems to work OK for now. Altho I need better wireless up the stairs for it to work a bit quicker.

Great feature how you can mask areas off.
There not working properly,

Someone's stole your mums green bin

Has anyone used these for long period? Do they withstand extreme weather conditions?

Well I'm in Scotland and we have had pretty bad weather with high winds. My Blink is situated on my roof line in full view of any inbound storm. It's still holding so far.

Be a better bench mark to wait till spring and I'll investage it to see how it's held up over a winter here in no shelter.

I have to previous experience but willing to learn. Going to delve into the CCTV market. Im looking for units to be completely wireless as cant be bothered running power lines. Also to have cloud function so I can access away from home or even abroad.

Blink XT2 Wireless Smart Camera System with 2 Cameras

These up to any good?

I know its a big ask for batteries.
I'm planing testing this cams next week, keep u posted

Back