Complete rip-off

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I installed a Hive active heating system today. Got the hub, receiver and thermostat connected fairly quickly. I also ordered a couple of their TRV's and set about installing and connecting them.
The 1st one was in and connected in less than 10 minutes. The 2nd one though was a slightly different radiator valve and none of the adaptors they supply fits it. They say to get in touch with support to get one. Shouldn't imagine it'll be free.

I decided to look elsewhere as I can't talk to anyone at Hive support until tomorrow. There is one on Amazon for a staggering £13-71. A quick look round would suggest that is a decent price. It's just a piece of plastic ffs.

Danfoss 014G02064_.jpg

I have a sneaky feeling this adaptor may actually be free from Hive upon request. The UK model of this TRV comes with just 2 different adaptors whereas the Italian version comes with around 6 adaptors to cover practically any possibility.

There's obviously a good reason for that. I shall try and online chat with support later today and request one.

Just got off the phone to Hive. Had tried to get on chat but it was offline on their site.

Got through to an actual person almost instantly. His name was Ethan with a South African accent. Told him I needed the adaptor. He said it was free but I would have to pay £2-95 postage and packing. Far better than the £13-71 Amazon price.

He took payment details over the phone and it will be sent out today so should have it this week hopefully. Have to say that this was probably the easiest and most pleasant dealing I've ever encountered with a Company's support line.

It's nice to end my rant on a positive note but my rant wasn't with Hive. It wasn't even really with Amazon either but with Danfoss who was the actual seller.

Hi Chookey Glad you got that all sorted out , just thought i would share my dealings with another company's support line.
Name.. Kaspersky... Not what i thought i was gonna get, we all know they are a Russian company but not everyone knows there finance dept is controlled by a French company ,But thats not relevant atm if at all. Anyway i fecked up an order of Kaspersky Total Internet Security and agreed via check boxes more than a few times to there T/C. To stop this going on too long I was refunded and guided to a cheaper and better sub ,with apology's in French and Russian, both of which i dont speak, lol. Dont know if i'm getting soft in my old age but i did appreciate there manners and candor.

Hi Chookey Glad you got that all sorted out , just thought i would share my dealings with another company's support line.
Name.. Kaspersky... Not what i thought i was gonna get, we all know they are a Russian company but not everyone knows there finance dept is controlled by a French company ,But thats not relevant atm if at all. Anyway i fecked up an order of Kaspersky Total Internet Security and agreed via check boxes more than a few times to there T/C. To stop this going on too long I was refunded and guided to a cheaper and better sub ,with apology's in French and Russian, both of which i dont speak, lol. Dont know if i'm getting soft in my old age but i did appreciate there manners and candor.
Good to hear mate. I think it's the times we live in where we fear the worst. When something happens as it should it takes us a little by surprise. I think it's nice to give a mention when you think a Company has done good though as there is far too much "bad" going on. :D

Back