Complaint over New Shed

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
More problems are piling up it seems since this nightmare of a journey started.

As some of you would of seen from the construction thread on this forum of my new shed room, the back wall of the shed was a wall that had been there for a long time which was built by the apartment type flats behind.
The wall runs along the back to the 8 terraced houses (inc my own).

Any how the owners of the flat/apartments have sent a letter complaining about the shrubs had been cut down and the plastering to the back wall is looking unsighty.

They have given us a 4 week deadline to get this rectified.
I have contacted my buidlers but they seem to be doing nothing and for a week just didnt answer their phone.

I finally got through to them ringing from another number and he said he will dead with them on Monday.

I dont trust these builders and I dont want more issues.

Whats the best way of getting this rectified?

More problems are piling up it seems since this nightmare of a journey started.

As some of you would of seen from the construction thread on this forum of my new shed room, the back wall of the shed was a wall that had been there for a long time which was built by the apartment type flats behind.
The wall runs along the back to the 8 terraced houses (inc my own).

Any how the owners of the flat/apartments have sent a letter complaining about the shrubs had been cut down and the plastering to the back wall is looking unsighty.

They have given us a 4 week deadline to get this rectified.
I have contacted my buidlers but they seem to be doing nothing and for a week just didnt answer their phone.

I finally got through to them ringing from another number and he said he will dead with them on Monday.

I dont trust these builders and I dont want more issues.

Whats the best way of getting this rectified?

your in a catch 22 situation "if its not your wall m8", {there,s nothing you can do realy apart from comply with the owners wishes}

cant see these cowboy builders getting the flat owners to change thier minds---"can you ????"

i dont understand, if the shed is part of the existing wall ,how can u see the plastering, as it would b inside the shed, and if ur builders hav done what u asked them to do, they have no further involvement,.

Render it yourself. Its very easy. A simple building sand and cement mix should do the job nicely.

i dont understand, if the shed is part of the existing wall ,how can u see the plastering, as it would b inside the shed, and if ur builders hav done what u asked them to do, they have no further involvement,.

rendering he means m8 {and its on the rear of the rear wall facing some flats}

best thing to do mobad is get another builder to be honest if its there wall then you are kinda in a sticky situation and you would not want them making you take it down!

put your hand in your pocket get a decent plasterer to render the outside and ask the owners of the wall if they are happy once its done, if they want a plant growing up it do that aswell try and be reasonable m8y i really like your shed/room ;) and it would be a shame if they start taking legal actions to make you take down the shed or at least that wall/whatever part you built on?.

Contact them and say you are dealing with this and will have it looking very nice in the next few days!

best thing to do mobad is get another builder to be honest if its there wall then you are kinda in a sticky situation and you would not want them making you take it down!

put your hand in your pocket get a decent plasterer to render the outside and ask the owners of the wall if they are happy once its done, if they want a plant growing up it do that aswell try and be reasonable m8y i really like your shed/room ;) and it would be a shame if they start taking legal actions to make you take down the shed or at least that wall/whatever part you built on?.

Contact them and say you are dealing with this and will have it looking very nice in the next few days!

as far as im aware the rendering to the rear wall has already been done m8----------the flat owners are objecting only to the rendering they can see on thier side--------besides dugup shrubs

Got any pics?seen the progress pics,but am struggling as to why the other side of the wall needs attention?

Got any pics?seen the progress pics,but am struggling as to why the other side of the wall needs attention?

its a single skin wall m8, {somekind of damproofing needed to be done on the rear of the rear wall otherwise penetrateing damp will knacker the plaster on the rear wall in the shed}

i thought it was waste ground behind this wall myself-----otherwise id have gone for a repointing job, then soak the wall in clear waterproofer like thompsons if i thought someone would complain

Here is the back wall from the view from my house, the issue is with the other side where the builders had to push the shrubs back to render the wall to stop the leaking (as it had many many gaps between the bricks).

the shrubs will grow back, not alot you can do about them. the rendering... ermm, if it isnt your wall. you should of got permission from the wall owners to do it before, they can make you restore the wall to its previous condition... although a pointless task. best thing to do imho is to arrange a meeting with your builders, the owners of the wall and yourself... to discuss what they want done and what can be done to come to a agreement.

My builders are idiots hence this present issue and the past uncountable issues.
I did not get permission as the builders them selves decided to render the back as they thought and said we have full permission as its joint to our garden (that was the advice given by the builders).

My builders are idiots hence this present issue and the past uncountable issues.
I did not get permission as the builders them selves decided to render the back as they thought and said we have full permission as its joint to our garden (that was the advice given by the builders).

Id get in contact with a surveyer then mate asap, id think the wall is ur responcibility being the supports are on your side... they have the nice side ? is that not how it works

Understand now,why on earth did'nt they put time and effort into water proofing this side of the wall?
Seems they've bodged the rendering on the otherside and it must'nt be nice on the eye etc,hence the complaint.

Am I right in thinking then they just pushed the plaster through the gaps in the bricks then, making it good on your side but not going to the other side to look at it.

Can they not just re-point the rear of the wall?

Basically all they did was plaster it and blodge allot of it onto the back wall.
It probably doesn't look that nice as they put a very thick layer.
I recieved a call from the builder today. He said he tried to contact the owners of the flats but they were unavaliable so he left a message with the receptionist.

hi

what was the out come with this m8 did you get it all sorted, and all leaks fixed.

he said he will dead with them on Monday.

Do not let the builder kill all the people in the apartments. This will lead to more problems.

I would do as munkey said. Render it yourself. Piece of piss.

Follow the 'outside rendering' mixture here

Back