Complaining neighbour

m6ttman

Inactive User
Reaction score
I moved into my home over 13 years ago , my dad and family live on my right and my compliang neighbour on my left.
This neighbour ( i will call her pain) moved in 3 years ago now, and within 3 months she complained 'once' that my 3 month old pup ( who is now 3 )which is a small toy maltese was barking when we were out , so i asked the other neighbours if they were being disturbed and they didnt even know i had a dog! so now , when we go out , we lock him in the furthest room away from her side of the house, i also asked my dad to listen in and he couldnt hear anything.. problem solved, so we though..

2 years on, no more complaints .. Then i went out over night on a bank holiday and she complained to the council, they visited me and took one look at my do,g the tiny white ball of fluff shly hiding behind me and said she would not be taking it any further.. and that was that

A year after she moved in the 'Pain' has asked me to turn of my small garden water feaure which is a 12 inch high mushroom that trickles water from the top , as it was disturbing her at night,

she has asked us to lower the t.v ( ok surround sound was on , but my 3 small children were asleep upstatrs so it was not very loud)

Now today she confiscated my 11 year sons ball claimimg she was fed up of the ball rolling pased her window and childern playing near her home ect....
I lost my cool, showed her the 'HAND' and walked in...
i am at a loss as what to do , i dont want to fall out but god my family cant moved .. for fear of being noisey

any ideas on how to appeoch this??
thanks for listening!!

I think you need to go round there and have a word and explain that you have got a normal family that will make a certain amount of noise that every family makes and ask her if she had problems with the last family that she lived next door to . That might make her think a bit because i'll bet you she did

Our next door nieghbour has a yappy dog which make all kinds of strange noises when the owners are out. It's not a problem though as we only hear it if we are outside. My old house had neighbours with a water feature and it drove me up the wall at night. In summer the heat would be unbearable and couldn't open the windows because of it. Sometimes took hours to get to sleep because of the irritating noise. We now live next to a stream and it sends me to sleep instantly. It's bizzare.
Ask her to use earplugs at night. I resorted to them on a few occasions and they were fine. Took a little getting used to and sometimes missed the alarm but no real problem :)

can you not put the water feature on a timer ?

It would save electricity and also your neighbour might appreciate it :)

i am at a loss as what to do , i dont want to fall out but god my family cant moved .. for fear of being noisey

live your life m8, {and stop acting like a wimp},-- let the council tell you if your breaking the law and not some busybody moaning slag {that no doubt spies on your every move}

stick up for yourself

Make a counter complaint to the council; she is clearly a nuisance neighbour.

She sounds like a bit of a nutcase imo. :)

tell her in a nice calm voice that if she EVER bothers you again with anything to do with your normal daily life that youll tear her pancreas out through her throat and nail it to her face

when the police come round explain to them that shes slightly nutty, youve said nothing to her, and can they have a word with her as shes harassing you and your family in your own home

Talking of Headcases........

tell her in a nice calm voice that if she EVER bothers you again with anything to do with your normal daily life that youll tear her pancreas out through her throat and nail it to her face

lol, ;)

I totally AGREE with benny59 and pipsqueaker.BUT ( DO NOT GET AGGRESSIVE)

Last edited:
wait till she's gone to bed and paint her windows in mat black paint wait till the morning and laugh ur nutts off wen she knocks and pretend u no nothink. you have a crank living next door m8.As sed b4. bet she complained about her other niebours in her last home.you cant make ur kids be quiet all the time cos of this old bagg

have a giant bon voyage party for her in your garden brass band, disco bonfire with fireworks. maybe she'll take the hint.

i had this a year or so back my neighbour hated everything we did we would have a bbq and even if the wind was blowing it in the opposite direction to his house he would come out shouting the odds telling us we were smoking him out.He even told me to move the bbq to a different part of the garden.

when we first got our labrador max he was yapping as a puppy at 4 months old and he obviously didnt know we were about and the wife caught him throw a stone at the puppy and shout F*%$*ING SHUTUP.

Now me and the wife are young we got young kids and all the stresses of life like normal people and ofc sometimes it leads to arguments. He got it into his head that i was beating the wife up and told the mofo inlaw that i was caused all sorts of crap. Then one night there was just me and the kids and i see him and this big guy walking down the path he bangs on the door threating to kill me telling me to get outside for a pasting. I went to the door and told them i had my kids in the house and to fook off like.

He walked off eventualy telling me he had had enough and that he was gonna stab me lol.

Lots went on over about a year after shouting abuse moaning about the dog another heavy was sent round at midnight after he got his family involved etc. It got to the point were i feared mainly for my family but also for myself.

eventualy enough was enough and with him being a council tennant we decided to get the council and the police involved he even went for the wifes father and her at one point when he was pissed up ripped our front gate off its hinges etc.

Anyway this was a good year or so ago a horrible time for us and i nearly moved out because i thought it wouldnt end.

But the police and the council gave him a talking to then one night he approched me we had it out i said he had got it all wrong we are just a normal couple who argue with kids who make noise and bbq's that smoke and touch wood (taps wifes head) things have been fine since and he talks to me now etc.

The wife hates him but im all for live and let live.

so my very long point is m8ty get the authorities involed explain the situation have them visit the PAIN and then confront her yourself and explain the situation.

just speak to the council. They will send someone round to your place to monitor the noise levels.

This will prove you are doing nothing wrong and that should end the situation.

Back