compiling for dm600pvr

ellie1998

Inactive User
Reaction score
I tried this on an old version of ubuntu and it didn't work, but worked fine on 9.04

extract the install.sh to your home folder (check permissions)
start terminal
the screen goes black but just type your password and it should start to run, it will ask for the password again later during this process.

When it has finished
cd openembedded
cd 1.5
cd dm600pvr
./make_dm600pvr

I am doing a fresh install here and it errored out on
zlib-1.2.3.tar.bz2
just download from sourceforge and put it into
openembedded/sources then rerun
./make_dm600pvr

there maybe others as well mine is still running, this process makes dbox2 compiling seem super fast.

also failed on
netbase_4.21.tar.gz
base-password_3.5.9.tar.gz
same again get from sourceforge and run again.

for the files to change
you need to change these files
in
openembedded/sources/cdk.root.share.tuxbox_cvs.tuxbox.org_dreambox_2009 0305.tar.gz
is where you put your cables.xml

openembedded/sources/apps.tuxbox.enigma_cvs.tuxbox.org__20070615.tar.gz is where you put the
dvb.cpp
enigma_main.cpp
enigma_main.h
setup_extra.cpp

openembedded/sources/enigma_add_cable_blindscan.diff you just replace

All the files are in the files.zip

There maybe a cleaner way to do this but what I do after the changes is delete
openembedded/1.5/dm600pvr/build
openembedded/1.5/dm600pvr/cache
then run a new build, i'm sure there is a better way but time wasn't an issue and I knew this was clean.
in the files.zip is files.tar.gz
to put this on the box ftp it to /tmp on the box
telnet to the box
cd /
tar -xvzf /tmp/plugins.tar.gz
will set the box up to work (no keys or cams)

/bin/
msgbox (for shellexec)
input (for shellexec)
sbconv (cydines script to convert neutrino to enigma services/bouquets)

/etc/issue.net (telnet login screen)
/etc/init.d/bootup (adds directorys and symlinks on bootup)
/etc/tuxbox/zapit (for sbconv script)
/etc/tuxbox/shellexec.conf (for shellexec)

/files (contains the src files that are modded) !!! please include in any image for gpl requirements !!!

/etc/tuxbox/shellexec.conf (for shellexec)

/usr/ bin/(various files) need to look in enigma.sh
/usr/lib/tuxbox/plugins (plugins)

hopefully I havn't forgotten anything.

Just wonna say thanks for all ya info ellie.

I did compile an image an age ago for me 600 but info was limited and I didn't really go any further than getting a standard image running.

Looks like it's time to build a new VMware image of ubuntu. :)

When it has finished
cd openembedded
cd 1.5
cd dm600pvr
./make_dm600pvr

I tried this last night, def takes an eternity, many, many hours in I got:

ERROR: function do_rootfs failed

Things were looking good, it can't have been that far short of finishing given the time it had been running.

Can you offer any help ellie?

Have you tried running it again, I had a few errors and running the ./make_dm600pvr cmd seem to clear it, except the 1st time when I ran out of disc space. ?

Also do you have plenty of space ?, a standard 8gb disc image isn't big enough so went to virtualbox where I could make a 16gb disc image.

I got caught the first time I built a 600 image with disk space! lol That was nearly 2 years ago the dates on the images I built are Nov07!!! I can't believe where the times goes.

I built a 20gb VMware Image from scratch and installed Ubuntu 9.04 from iso then followed some of my old notes for packages and installed what I thought were relevant, install script seemed to run fine, make seemed to be running fine, I knew the length of time to compile so I went to Bed, it was still running the following morning lol so it had got a good fair way.

Unfortunately I didn't save the logs (Prick!) when I deleted build n cache n started again, I had run make a few times, including using sudo which fcuked everything up more!

I've started compile but don't expect results till morning.

The only thing that i put on the basic ubuntu was gftp everything needed is retrieved and setup by the install.sh

I ran install.sh using sudo and non of the directorys were accessible. better to just run the script and insert the password the 2 times it asks.

I never run sudo for compiling I can't remember were but I read it was a no no.

The only thing that i put on the basic ubuntu was gftp everything needed is retrieved and setup by the install.sh

I ran install.sh using sudo and non of the directorys were accessible. better to just run the script and insert the password the 2 times it asks.

I never run sudo for compiling I can't remember were but I read it was a no no.

Cheers m8 I'm pretty sure I replicated your procedure, I'll check gftp is installed and keep the bloody logs this time!

I did read em and yes don't sudo, running sudo make after my initial make I had more errors running standard make because it couldn't remove files to start again because of course it didn't have permissions (Prick!) I'm not native linux user! lol

not to clever with linux myself.
poke and hope gets me through most times.

After 7hrs Compiling I get this:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Same as first time!

Log ending:

Code:

I'm to tired to get my head around this now, but I'll get an image, I supose something could be broke in the pull or i'll have to run install.sh again n check for errors.

before I do anything I may post over at I had, I'm sure the author of the install script is there, hope I get a good google translatation. lol

Last edited:
Thank you osborne82 I'll do that, good to see ya again.

I will just add I didn't go straight to bed last night, after a visit to ihad I found a little extra info.

Check Version of install.sh

install.sh Version 0.9.200908031459 posted

install.sh Version 0.9.200908190959 latest

Permissions on install.sh are important

open a terminal and cd to your home/build folder then enter the following commands (ubuntu is funny with permissions but this is a case to use sudo):

Code:

Changing permissions will stop that black screen thing and you won't have to enter password.

AT This point I deleted openembedded & cvs folders to do a clean install as I hadn't been able to complete a compile. So I was back to having just install.sh in my home/build folder. However if you have a working build I'm sure you run a risk of breaking things beware.

Code:

All being well you should have new openembedded & cvs folders and be ready for another go!

@osborne82

Should I start from scratch again and delete me build n cache?

Thanx

Ok I started completely from scratch again!!!

Rebuilt 20gb VM Ubuntu image, took the basic os updates it wanted to give me, Updated install.sh and it completed the build. :Cheers:

I must have fcuked somewhere the firstime!!! lol

Back