Compatibility Mode in Windows Vista

reggie124

Inactive User
Reaction score
i found this tip. and i like to share it with everyone.

Tech Tip.
Before you upgrade to Vista, the first thing you should do is download Microsoft's Application Compatibility Toolkit (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/aa905078.aspx) and give it a shot on your current WinXP system. It does a decent job at indicating whether the software you have on your computer is compatible with Windows Vista. Unfortunately there is no "master list" that you can reference to check all software versions you're running.

Now, let's say you have already installed Windows Vista and are having problems with certain software applications that used to work just fine in WindowsXP. Don't worry, you're not out of luck. Try running pre-Vista software in Compatibility Mode. Find the shortcut to the application that you're having problems with in the "All Programs" menu, right click on it and go to "Properties". From there click the "Compatibility" tab and in the "Compatibility mode" section, check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select the OS that the application was designed to run on originally. After that's done click the "OK" button and you're all set. Don't forget to make these changes to shortcuts that may be placed on the desktop too.

Running applications in Compatibility mode doesn't always guarantee that it will function in Windows Vista, however it's worth a try and seems to fix the good majority of software

i found this tip. and i like to share it with everyone.

Tech Tip.
Before you upgrade to Vista, the first thing you should do is download Microsoft's Application Compatibility Toolkit (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/aa905078.aspx) and give it a shot on your current WinXP system. It does a decent job at indicating whether the software you have on your computer is compatible with Windows Vista. Unfortunately there is no "master list" that you can reference to check all software versions you're running.
you can if ur not running x 64 :comp1:

Back