Communal Dish fell down?

hatchet

Banned
Reaction score
The sky communal dish on the flat i live in fell down sometime last year and its still not been fixed.

Is there anyway to contact sky to get this repaired?

I'm not a sky customer yet!

yes, tell them there is one there and then ring them again saying you want to join.

As soon as they smell sterling, they will come through and fix it.

Hi m8,If its communial Sly wont touch it,it will have been installed by a contractor,you need to get on to the housing association or the builders or whoever, who in turn will know which company installed it,hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies guys, i'll try the housing association tomorrow.

Just found out the Dish on my flat is obselete :(

Think i'll need to stick one outside my window.

Will it be best to get sky pay once watch forever so they can install a dish?

Last edited:
Just found out the Dish on my flat is obselete :(

Think i'll need to stick one outside my window.

Will it be best to get sky pay once watch forever so they can install a dish?

Sky will install for free as long as 4 flats subscribe

http://communaltv.sky.com/communalTvOptions.aspx

Shared Dish

This is Sky's latest communal TV system for blocks that have fewer than 49 flats and no more than 3 storeys.

* As long as just 4 flats subscribe to Sky TV, we will provide standard installation and equipment for free (subject to survey)
* It's the cost-effective and hassle-free way to get Sky TV
* It can be wired so that residents can choose Sky+ and Sky HD

Sky will install for free as long as 4 flats subscribe

http://communaltv.sky.com/communalTvOptions.aspx

Shared Dish

This is Sky's latest communal TV system for blocks that have fewer than 49 flats and no more than 3 storeys.

* As long as just 4 flats subscribe to Sky TV, we will provide standard installation and equipment for free (subject to survey)
* It's the cost-effective and hassle-free way to get Sky TV
* It can be wired so that residents can choose Sky+ and Sky HD

Theres 5 storeys i think in this flat :(

I phoned the guys who do all the work and they says the council are upgrading all the dishes in my area but he doesn't know when mines will be done.

No doubt it will be ages, might be best to just get the pay once deal and stick it outside my window.

Sorry for the double post.

Just phoned sky they put me through to the company that installs for them, they says it was £60 for a standard installation thats with just the basic box and a single lnb.

I'm i better going for the pay once watch forever package with sky?

Then says it was an extra £55 for a quad lnb and £150 for the HD box.

Basically i just want the dish fitted so i connect up a dreambox and CS :D

I want to future proof though so unsure what to actually get.

Can anyone help?

If you want to use a DB and CS, why would you want a sky dish? Wouldn't you be better with a proper dish with a motor or multi lnb, then can view other non sky sats and have more choice?

Also better quality and picture won't go in heavy rain!!

If you want to use a DB and CS, why would you want a sky dish? Wouldn't you be better with a proper dish with a motor or multi lnb, then can view other non sky sats and have more choice?

Also better quality and picture won't go in heavy rain!!

Because i live in a flat :(

You could still pick up the powerful sats such as 19.2 and 13e on a relatively small dish. The 60cm old sky dishes were for 19.2.

Back