commando 7.5 - Root Update

hunter007

Inactive User
Reaction score
commando 7.5 - Root Update Folks,

Please find attached a copy of commando 7.5 root update. This fixes the slow shutdown bug and introduces 3 new features:

1) Audio PID's Saved on reboot - long awaited (get rid of narrator
forever) I tried to get this out on the release but wanted more testing on it.

2) yWeb Version 2.5.0

3) d-box scheduled reboot - Set a timer for reboot

cheers guys ;)

Still working hard mate,,,,,, Cheers once again Paul

Copy the updated squashfs file to the /tmp folder on the dbox and do the following...

Service Menu
Software Update
Write One Partition
root (squashfs)
commando-7.5_root_update.squashfs
Yes

great stuff guys...gr8 forum too..the best i been on !!!
update worked a treat !!
no more narrator (that thing was annoying me) lol
cheers
chris

Thanks for releasing the update Hunter, I thought you had retired lol...

One thing you might want to pass on to the remaining members of the team is that it might be an idea to include the plugins within the var partition so they can be easily deleted, modified or replaced with out the need of a linux setup especially the games.

Other than that the image is perfect mate, a lot of hardwork has gone into it and I am guessing many 'kein systems' so thanks to you and the team for all your efforts on this and previous images.

de_deej

update not working for me,still locks on reboot and audio dont default to what i picked

edit ,reboots and saves settings if im not using the lcd epg function.if i disable it it letss me reboot ,with it on it wont
any ideas?
thanks

Last edited:
Nice 1 hunter cheers for this. Will deffo be trying this later. Good to see you still around.

Nice 1 hunter cheers for this. Will deffo be trying this later. Good to see you still around.
you know what it,s like lol
once you start you just cant keep your hands off ;)
not leaving just working on other things
when i can :comp1:

hunter did it again, good to see ya around mate....

update not working for me,still locks on reboot and audio dont default to what i picked

edit ,reboots and saves settings if im not using the lcd epg function.if i disable it it letss me reboot ,with it on it wont

Hi lads,

did we finally get a fix for this rebooting problem, appart from disconnecting it from the mains... I just installed commando 7.5 with this fix but still hangs when turning off....

EPG Time

Hi,

I downloaded this Commando Image and have found that the EPG time and the associated program is now 1 hour behind the current BST. Is there a way of correcting that on the DBox?

Cheers

gomez187

Back