Commando 15 or 15.1 with CCam image

kevinthefatdog1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Dream box 500s clone

Does anyone have a backup image of commando 15 with the Ccam working in the image. Have one image from this site but didn't work for me.
Have tried to manual drop the ccam in to Var/bin/emc and Var/etc using DCC but no luck.
My lines and ccam work ok on old PLI image but not on commando.

Cheers

Have you dropped the cfg into var/etc?
And turned the cam on in, blue button/ commando extras menu/ softcam menu

This is what I've been doing , got this from another forum.

Download whichever version of CCcam you want to use.
Unzip the file, and using FTP, copy the CCcam.ppc file to usr/bin/emu (some tutorials just list usr/bin, but that didn't work for me). Rename the file CCcam, by removing the .ppc off the end. Set the permissions as 755 (how you do this depends on which FTP client you are using).
FTP your CCcam.cfg into the var/etc folder.
Reboot the box, and the softcam should now be available in the softcam manager.

Edit to add: I flashed another box this morning, and it didn't have the usr folder in the root, so I selected var/bin/emu. That works as well.

Further edit to add:
When I installed the second CCcam, I forgot to set the file permissions to 755. It still worked fine.

CCcam editor will load my lines in to the image but only free to air works

It might have saved you a lot of hair-pulling, had you just browsed the HELP files contained in the C15 image, m8! This stuff took us yonks to compile, but no fookers ever seem to read them, so end up running around like headless chickens trying enigma shite, when all the clues are there, staring in your face, if you can be arsed to read it...

From the /var/etc/info/06-Hints 'n Tips.txt helpfile:

Softcam

Commando for DM500S is FTA, always has been, and always will be. However, we do
carry a useful and highly intelligent Softcam Menu in the Commando Extras Menu-

BLUE > Menu > RED

Some people like to mess around with LAN Multi-Room setups, but struggle on where to
place the added files necessary for testing and educational use. /var/bin/emu/CCcam is
where the cam itself goes, and that is EXACTLY what it needs to be named, otherwise the
Softcam menu will not recognize it. (Linux filenames are cAsE sensitive, remember!) It
does not need to be set to chmod 755 as the menu hard coding does this for you. You'll
also need /var/etc/CCcam.cfg (again correctly named, as shown).

Some users wish to run oscam AND CCcam together, but need oscam to always load first,
in order that it grabs priority over CCcam for the CardReader. Your wish is our command!
LraiZer has tweaked Mohoush's original softcam nenu code logic so that this cam start
order should now (in theory) be obeyed. Feedback awaited please...

For mgcamd users only: Please note that /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7 is no longer embedded
in root as standard. This file is now packaged loose in the release rar archive for you
to add into the /var/lib folder instead, where it will work fine, without 755 stuff...
So for mgcamd testing purposes only, you'll need /var/bin/emu/mgcamd binary, plus of
course your /var/keys/mg_cfg file.

Similar for oscam testers: /var/bin/emu/oscam is where it wants to be, and named. Then
the fun begins for you... You need oscam.conf oscam.server and oscam.user files in the
/var/tuxbox/config/ folder, and those three files need to be chmod 755 we think...
Google will be your friend on this particular nightmare, so be patient...

Cheers- TC ;)

Back